• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compromise agreements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compromise agreements

Hi, i am looking and would appreciate any advice on making a court application to have a previous compromise agreement removed null and void because the agreement and the facts leading up to me signing the agreement maybe questionable and against the agreement being signed in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated..
    Tags: None

Re: Compromise agreements

Hi BACK OF THE NET

Is this an employment issue?
    If so, what is the agreement for? (Redundancy? Dismissal? Settle Tribunal claim?)
    How long ago was it?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi BACK OF THE NET

Is this an employment issue?
      If so, what is the agreement for? (Redundancy? Dismissal? Settle Tribunal claim?)
      How long ago was it?
      Good afternoon Charitynjw, no it was not to do with employment it was an agreement to compromise a disrepair claim which was made about twenty months ago.

Comment

Is it a legal requirement that a solicitor also signs the agreement to confirm that advice has been giving and to make sure all the pertinent information as to advice has been considered?

Comment

Ok

Compromise agreements (now renamed settlement agreements) are a term more commonly used in employment cases, where there are specific statutory requirements.
          Would this be an out of court settlement?
          Any professional advice or involvement in the OOC agreement?
          Court mediation?
          Has something new come to light which could not have been known at the time?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by BACK OF THE NET View Post
            Is it a legal requirement that a solicitor also signs the agreement to confirm that advice has been giving and to make sure all the pertinent information as to advice has been considered?
            Is this the same legal issue which was discussed on your other thread where you say you believe your solicitor may have been professional negligent etc?

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...557#post679557

If so, in that thread you sought advice from a second solicitor who you say didn't advise you to pursue matters - or have I misunderstood?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              Ok

Compromise agreements (now renamed settlement agreements) are a term more commonly used in employment cases, where there are specific statutory requirements.
              Would this be an out of court settlement?
              Any professional advice or involvement in the OOC agreement?
              Court mediation?
              Has something new come to light which could not have been known at the time?
              Thanks and yes this was a settlement but no court proceedings had been issued.
              Yes i had professional involvement but i was not explained nor understood the terms of the agreement.
              As there was a serious health and safety issue, risk to an electrical fire i was also forced to sign agreement as a means of compromise and for the risk to be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                Is this the same legal issue which was discussed on your other thread where you say you believe your solicitor may have been professional negligent etc?

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...557#post679557

If so, in that thread you sought advice from a second solicitor who you say didn't advise you to pursue matters - or have I misunderstood?

Di
                Hi Di, yes this involves the same solicitor who originally acted for me, and the second solicitor advised me to pursue a claim on the grounds of professional negligence.

Comment

Any help on this would be great, would a solicitor be liable to sign for a compromise agreement and would this be the agreement form between both parties ???

Comment

Any help on this would be great, would a solicitor be liable to sign for a compromise agreement and would this be the agreement form between both parties ???
                    Perhaps the best person to answer your question would be the second solicitor you instructed who has already advised you that you should pursue a claim for negligence against the first solicitor (who advised you on the settlement) .

yes this involves the same solicitor who originally acted for me, and the second solicitor advised me to pursue a claim on the grounds of professional negligence.
                    Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      Perhaps the best person to answer your question would be the second solicitor you instructed who has already advised you that you should pursue a claim for negligence against the first solicitor (who advised you on the settlement) .

Di
                      The second solicitor will not advice me for free, this is why i am posing the question on here Di, thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X