• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell portfolio

Hi
    I have followed instructions from this site regarding CCA request and defending a claim for a credit card now owned by Lowell portfolio.
    My defence was based on the advice given on here asking them to prove that it is my debt (ref thread 59599 cabot/ old egg loan) and I have been awaiting the information to be sent with Lowell saying in reply to my cca request that all correspondence will be dealt with by their solicitors BW legal.
    A court date is set for 20th October and up until yesterday had no reply to the cca request other than they have now issued their case documents and the information I sought was in amongst this.
    with just two weeks left before the court hearing I am not sure what to do. However they still haven't actually responded to my request. the court date is six years and 7 days after the last payment was made and this has been revealed in the documents BW legal have presented for their case, does this make it time barred?
    what is my next step please?
    thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: lowell portfolio

Unfortunately the statute barred clock stops ticking on the date they issue the court claim.

what exactly have they sent you ? The full terms and conditions and signed agreement copy? Default Notice? Notice of Assignment ?

Have you submitted your own witness statement yet ? ( It would likely have been due in on the 6th if the hearing is on the 20th)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
      they have sent a copy of original agreement, default notice of assignment etc as part of their claim document to the court
      Can I offer to settle out of court the original debt was for £600 and the claim with costs is up to £800 does the fact they didn't comply with CCA request carry any weight ? what should I do next withdraw my defence or go to the hearing and tell the judge they didn't comply with the CCA and therefore I couldn't complete my defence?
      thank you

Comment

Okay, you did, in your defence, reserve the right to amend your defence should they supply the relevant information, so if you feel they have now provided all of the information, and you don't have any further defence - eg. that the claim is made up of charges, you don't agree with the amount owed etc - you will want to be thinking about negotiating with the claimants in order to avoid getting a CCJ.

You could either offer a full and final settlement or a monthly installment arrangement under what's called a Tomlin Order - so the case remains in the court system but on hold, and without judgment, while you fulfill your side of the agreement you make, but if you default on that the claimant can simply obtain judgment (so get a CCJ) and move to enforcement.

Did you actually put in a witness statement?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
          no, as I didn't know they were going to actually come through with the information i've been waiting for in their witness statement
          If they don't agree to settle before the hearing does that and the fact they ignored the CCA request carry any weight with the judge and what sort of offer as full and final as a percent of total should I go for
          thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X