• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Business Dispute - Court forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Dispute - Court forms

I am trying to take my business partner to court to get her removed as a director and force to sell her share. What form do i use?

Its for the following Breaches
    · Changing Passwords & preventing access to business accounts
    · Transferring large amounts of money into her account
    · Diverting funds
    · Changing a name of a company asset into her personal name (may have sold assets)
    · Employed someone without right documentation

What I need help with ONLY is the below:

1. I need to know the court route
    2. What court form I need fill out
    3. More information the better
    Tags: None

Re: Business Dispute - Court forms

FIrst of all what type of business is it? Is it a limited company or partnership or some other form?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      FIrst of all what type of business is it? Is it a limited company or partnership or some other form?
      its a limited company

Comment

Is there any reason why you have not taken steps as a shareholder to remove her as a director?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          Is there any reason why you have not taken steps as a shareholder to remove her as a director?
          How would I go about removing her as a director? there is only me and her in this business. Also we are both have equal shares in the business and also directors. So the only option here is court as mediation etc she will not attend.

Comment

Well if you have equal shares and only the two of you are directors that may be difficult. Presumably from what you have said, she is potentially in breach of her duties as a director and if found guilty, the court could make an order to remove her as a director and/or disqualify her also.

If yu haven't done so already you will need to send a letter before action which outlines her breaches as a director, and you would ask her to return the assets and money she has transferred and resign as a director. If she refuses then you will need to bring a claim on behalf of the company and not you personally, so it will be the company as the claimant in the case.

The claim itself is called a derivative action and there is a set procedure for doing so. A good explanation of this can be found through this link https://slaughterandmay.com/media/39...ve_actions.pdf

The form you will require is the N1 form but it is quite a lengthy process and is not a straight foward claim, you need to follow the correct steps and Iwould suggest you read the link above and seek proper legal advice because if you get it wrong, you could be wasting money.
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X