• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting debt record off credit reference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting debt record off credit reference

I have started getting letters off Capquest and other debt companies wanting me to get in touch about debts more than 10 years old, also texts and phone calls,which i dont answer
    My credit cant be bad now as i have been allowed credit from Argos which i wasnt up to last year
    The debt is to Virgin credit card,or MBNA i think now,
    I only got into debt and had to stop paying when ,i was being charged £50 interest,and my debt was only going down by £5 at a time,and ended up more than i originally owed, i had a few debts build up by trying to keep up with this one
    How do i get these people off my back, they have left me alone for a long time and now started again, not only capquest but Arrow
    Tags: None

Re: Getting debt record off credit reference

Hi valeriej43

When did you last pay into the accounts or acknowledge them in writing?
    It sounds as if they may be statute barred.
    All you need to know about SB (thanks to @Debt Camel)
    http://debtcamel.co.uk/statute-barred-debt/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply, i have not been in touch with them for as long as the debt existed,this seems to happen every year leading up to Christmas, i just dont answer any tel no i dont recognise so they leave a message, and i just ignore it, i would have paid it all at the time if the interest hadnt been so high, i just couldnt pay £50 a month, it was leaving me with nothing to live on
      Actually i have just rechecked and the debt is from 2005, and another from 2004
      Should i check my credit record,and if still on ,what then>?
      Last edited by valeriej43; 6th October 2016, 09:58:AM.

Comment

yes and last acknowledgements

Comment

Thank you for your reply, i have not acknowledged anyone or anything, now got a call [on answerphone] from Robinson Way, if still on my credit reference, should i ask them to take it off, someone said i had to contact the actual company i owe debt too,

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply, i have not acknowledged anyone or anything, now got a call [on answerphone] from Robinson Way, if still on my credit reference, should i ask them to take it off, someone said i had to contact the actual company i owe debt too,

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i meant to ask if they keep ringing should i just tell thm its staute bared, rather than ignore them

Comment

With reference to them chasing, https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/7/15.html (particularly 7.15.8)

Regarding credit reference agencies, the initial entry should be the date when the account(s) defaulted.
            As this was over 6 years ago, if recorded properly they would have dropped off by now.
            Also fyi Capquest is owned by Arrow.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you for replies i have looked at my credit record and none of the debts are still on there
              My credit record is spotless it says

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X