• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWP Recovery from estate overpayments for pension credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWP Recovery from estate overpayments for pension credit

Hi, it's my first time on here and I have been reading with interest the previous discussions and advice regarding DWP requesting money back for overpayments of pension credits. At this stage they have just requested information of my late fathers banks accounts and pension income, but I have a feeling that one of his private pensions may not have been included in the original application. I am not certain of this its just looking at some of the paperwork I have managed to find it maybe that this is the case.

My question is does anyone know if the DWP are likely to ask for his full pension credits to be paid back (probably 9 years)or will they calculate the difference( if any ) between his guarantee credits and savings credits and ask for that back?

Also if they ask for bank statements over 7 years ago and his bank cannot provide them, where does that leave me?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by goggle-box; 29th September 2016, 16:18:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: DWP Rwcvery from estate overpayments for pension credit

Hi and welcome

DWP will only try and recover the overpayment, if any.
    If you do receive such a demand ask for their figures so you can check them.

If the bank do not hold records that far back, there is nothing DWP can do.

Comment

Re: DWP Rwcvery from estate overpayments for pension credit

Thanks for your reply.
      I am just worried they will say the whole claim must be repaid, rather than recalculate if he was entitled to any pension credit taking into account any new income details I have had to provide.
      i think this is going to be a long complicated mess. As his paperwork (or lack of) is confusing.

Comment

Re: DWP Recovery from estate overpayments for pension credit

The DWP take their time, and can be a bit overbearing, and even bullying.
        Don't hesitate to come back here if you want support.

Comment

I have now had a reply back from DWP requesting balances from his bank accounts from 2007 and also his annunity income from 2007 to 2016.
          His bank can only provide from 2009 (7 years the furthest back)
          I can gather info from his P60s and photo copy and send them his annunity income..
          I just wondered if there are any calculations i can do myself to work out any overpayments. (Kinda get my head round a possible overall overpayment). I have gone on gov.uk but obviously that can only calculate this year entitlements and what i really need previous years formula. Does a website exist to do this or am i wasting my time.
          I know they will come back with an overpayment i just want to be able to check they have worked it all out correctly.
          Any help would be appreciated

Comment

I doubt there s much point in trying to estimate what overpayment, if any, has occurred.

If DWP claim an overpayment, request a mandatory reconsideration (or whatever they are calling it this week) and sight of their calculations and supporting documentation.
            That way you can then check their figures.
            I recall that somewhere on LB someone produced a spread sheet to enable a calculation to be made..... anyone else remember this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X