• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Change to Employment Contract - help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change to Employment Contract - help!

Help! My boss has asked me to change my contract so that instead of working 40 hours as an employee, I work 30 hours as an employee and 10 hours as a contractor or self-employed person. Can he do this? The 10 hours aren't guaranteed and are at a lower rate than my usual hourly wage. I'm worried that he'll just end up giving me 30 hours a week and no more, plus I don't know how it'll affect my taxes or NI as I've never had to do anything as self employed before!
    Tags: None

Re: Change to Employment Contract - help!

I would talk to HMRC it sounds like a sneaky trick to cut your hours . Are the extra hours real self employment.

Comment

It's doing the same job but at a different site.

Comment

So, not real self employment then.
        How long have you worked there?

Comment

Originally posted by mariefab View Post
          So, not real self employment then.
          How long have you worked there?
          About 3 years.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X