• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello and in need of Lowell advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and in need of Lowell advice please

Hello everyone,
    I have been dealing with some random demands from a company called Lowell finance on behalf of another company, i have never heard of either company and would like advice please on to how to deal with the threats this Lowell group are making

If someone could point me to the relevant part of the website i would much appreciate it

thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Hello and in need of Lowell advice please

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
    I have been dealing with some random demands from a company called Lowell finance on behalf of another company, i have never heard of either company and would like advice please on to how to deal with the threats this Lowell group are making
    Is this the same issue you raised on your other thread? http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...645#post675645

If so I've replied there

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    I see no harm in you contacting J D Williams to ask them for proof that you ever did business with them.

It appears that J D Williams have sold the debt to Lowells. However if they (J D Williams) discover this was ID theft then there's a possibility they'll communicate that to Lowells.
    If not, is there another questionable debt which Lowells are chasing you for?

Di

Comment

Thanks for the reply's Di,
      I will indeed contact JD Williams and no there are no debts with this company or any other company what so ever that is why my assumption is ID Fraud

Comment

Hi Diana M,
        I have today received an email from Lowell financial stating that although they showed due diligence in finding the right person for these debts they are satisfied i am the wrong person

They initially demanded 2 separate amounts from me, then they contacted a debt collection agency who contacted me stating they were coming to my house for the money as i had not paid

All this even though they were contacted by myself stating over and over i had never heard of them, it was only after i asked for proof of any transactions that they decided i was the wrong person

They have now offered £50 compensation, should i take the compensation amount and if so how does that leave me legally, is taking the compensation a good thing or should i just ignore it, after all if i do accept comensation at some point they will want details from me which i am loathed to give them as i do not want to be on any of there computer systems in any manner

any thoughts much appreciated

As a side note my as yet sent reply email to them outlines there many mistakes including possible law breaching by demanding money by leverage of a debt collection agency to an address that was a possible match !!!! there words not mine

Comment

Hi Diana M,
          I have today received an email from Lowell financial stating that although they showed due diligence in finding the right person for these debts they are satisfied i am the wrong person

They initially demanded 2 separate amounts from me, then they contacted a debt collection agency who contacted me stating they were coming to my house for the money as i had not paid

All this even though they were contacted by myself stating over and over i had never heard of them, it was only after i asked for proof of any transactions that they decided i was the wrong person

They have now offered £50 compensation, should i take the compensation amount and if so how does that leave me legally, is taking the compensation a good thing or should i just ignore it, after all if i do accept comensation at some point they will want details from me which i am loathed to give them as i do not want to be on any of there computer systems in any manner
          The good news is that Lowells have finally admitted that they got the wrong person (in regard to two accounts?).

We could spend all night questioning whether Lowells know the legal meaning of "due diligence"

Before deciding whether £50 is or isn't sufficient compensation can you say (do you know) whether this phantom debt was registered on your Credit Reference Agency files by Lowells?

Di

Comment

Credit reference agency files ?? not sure what that is tbh, do you mean did it show up on Experion or clear score, from everything i could see no there was never any registered debts or transactions to JD williams, going on further, until this started i had never even seen a credit report before

i assumed rightly or wrongly they could also have access to my credit report and pointed out if they had access they could plainly see there was no evidence of any transactions

Comment

Credit reference agency files ?? not sure what that is tbh, do you mean did it show up on Experion or clear score, from everything i could see no there was never any registered debts or transactions to JD williams, going on further, until this started i had never even seen a credit report before
              Yes by CRAs I did mean Experian, Equifax and Call Credit (not all creditors report to all of them).

It obviously wouldn't show up as a J D Williams entry/account since you never had an account with J D Williams as Lowells have finally conceded (according to you).

My question was did Lowells ever report this "debt" to any of the CRAs?

Di

Comment

I have no idea Di, in there email from today the author states

the conclusion of our investigation is that these former JD Williams accounts do not relate to you. On this basis action has been taken to remove all of your details from our systems and measures put in place to stop any further correspondence for our customer from being sent to your address. As a result of the action taken you should not receive any further contact from the other collection company with regards this matter.

So if they have, they have not mentioned it to me

Comment

i assumed rightly or wrongly they could also have access to my credit report and pointed out if they had access they could plainly see there was no evidence of any transactions
                  I think you may have edited (added to) your last post before after I replied to it.

So my next question has to be did Lowells search your CRA files before/during or after accusing you of owing them money?

It'll show as a search on your CRA file.

That search (if there was one) will be there for 12 months and be seen by anyone else searching your file.

A CRA search by Lowells (a known 'debt' purchaser) may not be helpful to your financial image.

Di

Comment

just found my way to the searches part in clearscore

i have an entry from TDX group for Virgin media 16 sept 2016 ?? no idea why as non of my immediate family use anything virgin media, so thats a mystery
                    another by clearscore on the 29 Aug 2016 ( maybe thats when i joined them ??
                    UK search limited unknown search type 27 july 2016

thats all i can see, there are no other searches

The first correspondence i ever received from Lowell was dated 6 june 2016
                    Last edited by downsouth; 13th October 2016, 20:16:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X