• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not sure what to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what to do

Hi new member here

I am 31 years old, female and have been in my current line of work for over a year. I had some issues with the first company I left, in that I kept being sent out for very long distances to commute and do my job. The pay wasn't great either and I felt they were relying on me a bit too much although they sent me thank you cards when I have done a great job and they have informed me of very positive feedback when I have done a good job, too.

A friend of mine left the same company and recommended me to another company, same line of work. My friend told me that the company she works for trusts their workers and she gets to do more than the company she and I worked at let us do. I was offered the job pretty much straight away and I handed in my notice to my other company though I was too busy to attend the exit interview as I have commitment to looking after my mum and dad.

I was allowed to do 1 week's worth of shadowing however the hours were incredibly long, resulting in me working from 7am in the morning and not getting a break until after 1:30 in the afternoon. I then started up work again from 7:30ish in the evening until 9:45 to 10pm. I also had to drive from one place to another and I also live about 6 miles from where I start each morning.

Small mistakes were picked up and I did rectify most of them but I wasn't told to do some things and although my manager said I could ask them anything they got shirty with me when I texted something to them I wasn't sure about. The manager was aware I have long-term health conditions (that can cause brain fog/lack of concentration/fatigue) and that they were being managed - although my consultant has said that whilst my health condition wasn't being controlled as well as it could be she did not want to adjust my medication which, I feel, may have made a difference.

On my last day my manager said I lack intelligence and I have no common sense whatsoever, and that I never took initiative. I felt that I did because I did things like pick up supplies for customers during my free time and acting on emails that the manager sent to all of us, collectively. I told them that I will find work elsewhere and they said they will make sure I never work in their line of work ever again. They also said that a customer called me names and they told me exactly what name they called me. Whether or not the customer actually said this I am not entirely sure.

So ever since then I have been very wary of where I go, what I say etc. and I feel very on-edge in case my ex manager is spying on me or has asked someone on their behalf to watch where I go. Is there any reason why I feel so wary all the time?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X