• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell

Hello everyone, I hope im writing in the correct place. Lowell have purchased an old debt of mine for Llloyds , Iqor were managing the debt and the last payment i made was to them in 2011 and heard nothing afterwards until Lowell purchased the debt. I sent lowell a statue barred letter as this debt is from around 2008 but they have informed me as i made a payment in 2011its not statue barred,but i didnt make any payments to Lowell, is the debt statue barred ?Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell

From what you have said, no it isn't statute barred. If you last made a payment in 2011 it will not be statute barred until 2017. It doesn't matter that you didn't make the payment to Lowell.

Are you in a position make a full and final settlement offer?

Comment

Originally posted by mai19222 View Post
      Lowell have purchased an old debt of mine for Llloyds , Iqor were managing the debt and the last payment i made was to them in 2011 and heard nothing afterwards until Lowell purchased the debt.
      This debt may not be statute barred but it may/may not be legally flawed in some other way.

When do you think the account was opened?

Was this Lloyd's account a credit card, loan or an overdraft?

Depending on your answers it may make sense to send Lowell a s.77-79 CCA Request before you enter into a F& F settlement situation.

If nothing else it may place you in better bargaining position if you want to settle.

Di

Comment

Hello Di, It was a loan account and it was in january 2008, I had to give up work due to illness so could not make the repayments, first Iqor had the account in 2011,then i had a letterout of the blue from a LLoyds bank headed letter but from 1st credit informing me theywere assigned all the rights etc effective from 18/11/2013 and then i had a letter from Lowell dated july12th 2013 informing me that my account was sold to them on the 24th/06/2013 by Lloyds. Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello, No i became ill again with renal cancer and a tumor after giving up work previously with a neurological illness so money is very tight and i have a lot of debt which Lowell have purchased all of them dating back to 2004 but its only now i am just about able to try and sort this mess out, I have a full time carer who helps me with paperwork etc. thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by mai19222 View Post
            i became ill again with renal cancer and a tumor after giving up work previously with a neurological illness so money is very tight and i have a lot of debt which Lowell have purchased all of them dating back to 2004 but its only now i am just about able to try and sort this mess out, I have a full time carer who helps me with paperwork
            I'm sorry you've got health issues. Some creditors/ lenders have a hardship or vulnerable persons team to deal with special circumstances.

What are the other debts which Lowells have purchased?

Maybe this is a good time to look at all of them

Di

Comment

Hello Di, Thank you for your help, I have a notice of hearing application for another Lloyds debt from 2004 ,I sent Lowell a staue barred letter ,i was not to sure of what i was doing but i was able to get the cost covered because i am on low income. can i ask on the letter from the court it stated that any email sent to the court must be CCd to all parties, does this mean i have to send all evidence to Lowell as well as bringing it to the court. I have a lot of debts Di as i had all the usual trappings in life and then suddenly my income was gone and before i knew so were all my savings. Lowell have about another six/seven debts,its awful to find myself in this position. I really appreciate your help. My carer will bring me to the court as i am in a wheelchair due to my disabilities. Lowell worked so fast with the court claim , they wasted no time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X