• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hi guys where do I start... I had a loan and overdraft with have which I defaulted on in 2011 - first used dca and paid them what I could afford. 3 years later I had double the amount owed. A letter came from oc to advise they had sold the debt to idem however I had 2 defaults. So I stopped paying.I managed to get one removed through the cra and just had the one but multiple companies sending me letters (not idem capital securities) so I didn't know who to respond to they were all different amounts due to fees etc so again I ignored
    We managed to secure a mortgage this year and I always check my file. The creditor changed from Oc to cap quest . However I never received a letter from the original creditor to advise they had sold it to them? Hence the reason still not paying and ignoring.
    We moved house to new address (mortgaged) and I re checked my file today and a ccj was issued. I understand if I pay it it can be removed but I don't have the money.
    Nothing has been sent to my current address and the ccj is in my maiden name. I have been registered on the electoral roll at my new address since we moved so I can't see why they couldn't find me here to send court papers ?
    Can anyone help me out?
    Should I have received a letter when they sold thisSorry for the long message I just need some advice and have no clue what to do here
    Last edited by Jen85; 8th September 2016, 20:58:PM. Reason: Too much personal info
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed

If they had found it isn't clear that there are any grounds you could have defended the CCJ application? Is this the loan or the overdraft?

Comment

Hi when oc sold it on the loan and overdraft was consolidated so the amount owed was for both
      I most definitely would have responded to a letter before action letter and if I knew it was sold it to new dca I would have contacted them with an affordable amount rather than be landed with a ccj
      The only way I know about it is through my credit file, nothing to my new address
      Thanks for the quick reply I really hope someone can help

- - - Updated - - -

All these letters presumably were sent to my old address which I haven't lived in since early Summer so I have had no chance to defend it. I feel so upset because we just managed to get on the property ladder after years of saving and I just feel like I'm back at square one now
      Last edited by Jen85; 8th September 2016, 21:00:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen85 View Post
        Nothing has been sent to my current address and the ccj is in my maiden name. I have been registered on the electoral roll at my new address since we moved so I can't see why they couldn't find me here to send court papers ?
        In which case you may/may not have the chance to get this CCJ set aside if you also have reasonable prospects of defending the claim if you only had known it had existed.

Are you on the electoral role at your new address in your maiden name or your married name?

Did the creditor know of your name change?

Do you have Royal Mail re-direct set up from your old address in both your maidan and married name?

Did you tell any other creditors (eg your bank etc) that you had a change of address which would have meant that your CRA file updated for all to see?

The worst case scenario (don't panic yet ) is the CCJ could result in a Charging Order on your new home if the CCJ was £1k or more. Is your new home in joint names?

Di

Comment

Hi di, thanks for replying. I didn't let this creditor know of my COA because I had no idea they were my creditor The same debt was being chased through a few different companies so I never responded to any of them, I presumed it would update on my credit file with the correct lender as who the default was from that's the only reason I know that this company now own the debt.
          I didn't do a re direct but I changed everything bank council tax etc. I've been married a couple of years so I'm at my new address as my married name but I also was at my old address under both maiden name and married name once we got hitched.
          My mortgage is joint with my husband
          Last edited by Jen85; 8th September 2016, 21:01:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X