• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of PCP with FORD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination of PCP with FORD

Hi,

Ive done a lot of reading on here and now I have a few unanswered questions.

Here is a bit of history:

My Ford Fiesta is a 64 plate on a 3 year PCP based on 12k miles per anum ( I have done about 12k since buying the car) and I am currently 15 months into the agreement. I am aware I have to pay the 50% which is totalling £2,950 roughly. Today I sent them a letter special delivery which I found on here by R0b I believe:

Ford Credit
    Manchester Business Centre
    Number One
    1 Tony Wilson Place
    Manchester
    M15 4FN

Dear Sir/Madam

VOLUNTARY TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
    Account No: (************)

I am writing to notify you that I am exercising my right to terminate the above Agreement under Section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
    I understand that I shall be liable to you for the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 of the Consumer Credit Act
    Please send me details of how the vehicle can be returned to you. I would prefer if you could collect the car from my place of work which is in *****
    Please confirm receipt of this request by telephone on 07********.

I would also like to confirm I am not in arrears on my account as of 05/09/2016 which was confirmed by one of your customer service advisors.

So my questions are:

1. I have 3 shopping car park dents, one which has caused paint to come away. (less then a thumb size) is this classed as reasonable damage?
    2. Someone went into the front right of my on a roundabout (just cosmetic damage) which went through the insurance and everything was replaced. what should I do about this?
    3. I was sold the car without a parcel shelf but I'm sure they will argue this. what's my best course of action?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination of PCP with FORD

Hello,

1. You could probably argue the dents if they are not substantial, as for the paint I wouldn't worry too much you could get away with something so small unless its gone to the metal. if you are worried about it though you could try Autoglym's super resin polish (CLICK HERE) or the paint renovator (CLICK HERE). Autoglym suggest the resin polish first and if not the paint renovator afterwards - Halfords are doing a 3 for 2 on Autoglym so for about 15 quid you could get those two products and something else like a bumper/trim gel or interior trim cleaner to spruce up the car depending on its age. Both the super resin and paint renovator have great reviews if you check out amazon, and i've used myself so they can make a difference.

If Ford were to charge you on this I think their basic charge for a scratch repair is probably around £30-£40 minimum, give or take.

2. Plead ignorance, don't tell them unless they ask. It's been repaird and that's that, if you have the paperwork to back it up then you can mention it then.

3. Again, you should be fine, its up to Ford to prove it came with a parcel shelf not you.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks R0b for the fast reply. So I assume once they acknowledge the letter they will send someone out and do a damage report. Once that's done and I agree to it and sign it I should send another letter asking for confirmation it is terminated and I owe nothing? (Obviously after paying the rough £2,950)

Comment

They will yes, I would advise against signing anything from them as it usually says that you accept any damage arising of the inspection. Technically you would be waiving your rights to limited liability, although I would argue its a statutory right which can't be waived and was done so deceivingly, it is really not worth the hassle and having to potentially argue in court over it i they insisted you signed the document.

The only obligation you have is to give notice, anything beyond that puts yourself at an additional risk
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X