• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination Ford Focus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voluntary Termination Ford Focus

Well technically, if there is a default marker then that in my mind is a breach of data protection which is actionable so perhaps you might want to do that now. If you don't pay for your credit report you can check for free through www.noddle.co.uk

Also do you still have a copy of your agreement with Ford Credit?

As for the letter, see below an example, though I have inserted additional wording in brackets at the end, up to you if you want to include it or not. But other than that, feel free to tweak or amend to suit your needs

-----------------------

Dear Sir / Madam,

Your Ref:

I am writing in response to your letter dated 10 November 2016 concerning the alleged debt which has been assigned to you from Ford Credit on 1 October 2016. Your letter appears to include some anomalies which I would like to clarify:

1. You have suggested that the agreement is terminated forthwith however you have no right to do so. The agreement was terminated by me on [XX XX 2016] and the vehicle has been returned to Ford.

2. The total outstanding liability is £720.44 yet there is no breakdown as to how this amount has been calculated ad/or what it covers. As a business authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is a requirement for Asset Link Capital to provide sufficient information concerning the debt (including a breakdown of costs) so as to enable the borrower to understand what he is liable for. Therefore, please provide me with an itemised breakdown of the costs which make up the total outstanding liability.

Notwithstanding the above, I refute that any sums are owed or due to you under the agreement. I refer you to the clause headed "Termination: Your Rights" under the agreement in which it states the following:

"You have a right to end this agreement. To do so, you should write to the person you make your payments to. They will then be entitled to the return of the goods and half the total amount payable under this agreement, that is £XXXX.XX. If you have already paid at least this amount plus any overdue instalments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay any more. "

Relying on this clause and having paid £XXXX.XX and taken reasonable care of the vehicle, I terminated the agreement on the above date. Having complied with those requirements, I do not owe any further monies and you are therefore not entitled to the alleged sums that you are claiming.

[Please note that if you insist on pursuing this matter which I consider vexatious, it is my intention to fully defend the matter and I shall counterclaim against you for malicious prosecution as you have no reasonable or probable grounds for bringing such a claim.]

Please confirm by return, that no further action will be taken.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

Thank you for the response. Yes I still have a copy of the agreeement, I will fill the £XXXX in with the relevant figures. Don't think I'll add the bracketed bit at the end. I have checked my credit and as far as I am aware there is no mark on the file.

I probably will end up paying, but I just want to fight my corner for a bit.

Comment

If at the end of the day you intend on paying then you may as well pay up now. As they're not gong to just back down so you'd be wasting everyone's time.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X