• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Full and Final settlement help needed please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Full and Final settlement help needed please!

Hi

I currently have 3 CCJs from around 2013/14, to which no payments have been made, with the following companies Lowell, Arrow and Hoist Portfolio 2. Around 2014 one of the companies, possibly Lowell, tried to get an attachment of earnings but were unsuccessful as I wasn't working and not receiving benefits. Following this, the court set it to one side or something, can't remember the technical term they used! Since then I have heard nothing from them.

I sent F&F letters at the end of July 16 to all three offering a 20% settlement. In the letters I provided an I&E which showed a negative balance of a few hundred pound, as I am a full time student and single parent. I also provided an explanation that a third party has offered to pay the F&Fs, if agreed, as I suffer with major depressive disorder, and have done since 2011, in the hope that this will help relieve the stress and anxiety these debts currently place on my mental health.

Unfortunately, Arrow Global have declined my offer and I have yet to hear back from the others. Do I increase the offer to Arrow, settle at 30% bit if a stretch but doable, or just leave it? Please could someone advise what course of action to take next?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ Full and Final settlement help needed please!

Originally posted by Tori.xx87 View Post
    I currently have 3 CCJs from around 2013/14, to which no payments have been made, with the following companies Lowell, Arrow and Hoist Portfolio 2. Around 2014 one of the companies, possibly Lowell, tried to get an attachment of earnings but were unsuccessful as I wasn't working and not receiving benefits. Following this, the court set it to one side or something, can't remember the technical term they used! Since then I have heard nothing from them.

I sent F&F letters at the end of July 16 to all three offering a 20% settlement.
    Do you think that CCJ may have been "set aside" by the court?

Di

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I don't think the CCJ has been set aside officially as it still shows on my credit files as a CCJ outstanding, I think they just dismissed the attachment of earnings due to me been a student.

Any suggestions on where to go with the Arrow Global situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Tori.xx87 View Post
        I don't think the CCJ has been set aside officially as it still shows on my credit files as a CCJ outstanding, I think they just dismissed the attachment of earnings due to me been a student.

Any suggestions on where to go with the Arrow Global situation?
        I don't know how much these CCJs total but were they all "forthwith" judgements which means you have to pay the whole lot in one hit (typically within14 days)?

Or were they "instalment" orders allowing you to pay monthly amounts?

Without seeing the papers it's hard to suggest what you should do.

One option may be to make an application to the court to vary the Order(s) to affordable monthly payments.

If you're a student with no income and mental health issues then it's been known for a court (provided with evidence) to vary the order to payments of £1 per month.

You may not get that lucky but at least give it a thought before you get friends and family to stump up the money.

The CAB ought to be able to help you make the necessary applications (to vary the CCJs) and you should be entitled to fee remission for those.

Di

Comment

Hi Di

The CCJs were all obtained by default in 2013/14 and no further action has been taken other than the attempt at a attachment of earnings back in 2014 which was refused. There is no instalment order, the amounts total around 6k and there has been no request for one over the years. It was myself that made contact with the creditors, to offer a settlement, after speaking with a third party that was willing to help. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to pay instalments as I'm already borrowing money for food etc. The settlement was coming from a third party just to get rid off the CCJs to reduce the stress on myself!

The main reason for posting was to find out if it was worth upping the settlement offer to 30% of the balance and if so how to go about it?

Thank you for your help though Di.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X