• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mighty Deals - Ignoring Emails and Complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Deals - Ignoring Emails and Complaint

Hi,

I need some advice please against a company called Mighty Deals. I have found them to supply substandard goods and their customer service to be ignorant.

I purchased an item that did not turn up. I contacted them and they initially seemed helpful saying that they had got in touch with the supplier. Nothing happened so I chased again - no response. I then asked to raised a formal complaint - no response. I have tried to track down a telephone number for them but couldn't find one.

They seem to have a strange system in that you buy vouchers that then have to be redeemed with the item supplier. I am not sure why this complex system is used but am sceptical that it may be to distance them from the seller and any subsequent problems?

My question is: are they liable as they took my money for the voucher ultimately used to get the item they advertised or do I only have recourse with the supplier who may have long disappeared?

Oddly enough, this company has very good ratings? Far from my experience!

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Mighty Deals - Ignoring Emails and Complaint

How did you pay for the vouchers and roughly what amount. I'm thinking if credit card and over 100 you might have recourse to the credit card company.

Comment

No luck there as it was well under £100.

Comment

So is the goods sent out by Mighty Deals or the supplier on the end?

How long ago did you receive the goods, has it been within 30 days?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I never received the goods - that is the issue.

I believe the goods are normally sent out from the supplier and not direct from Mighty Deals. It was over a year ago. I tried following up for several months before giving up.
          It is a matter of principle that I have come back to this.

Comment

• We no longer have a contact telephone number, but please don't panic we've now made contacting us a lot more straight forward.
            https://www.mightydeals.co.uk/information/contact.aspx
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have tried that contact page more than once - it results in an email response that when I explain the situation just gets ignored.

Comment

I see sorry I missed the point about not receiving goods. What was the reaosn for delay?
                If they haven't responded and its been over a year I can see no other option but to send a letter before action with a view to bringing proceedings against them.

How much was the value of the vouchers?
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Had a quick look at their terms and conditions, which IMO contain contradictory statements.

As you guessed they will claim that you purchased the vouchers, but the supplying merchant is liable:
                  "6. All Deals are subject to the Goods or Services being available from the Merchant where it is entirely the Merchant’s responsibility to adhere to the offer terms of the Deal. Mighty Deals is the web publisher and acts as the Agent, the principal is the Merchant with these Deals offered"

HOWEVER, they also say you are purchasing the goods at a discount from the MD website
                  "The Deal is either the advertised Goods or Service offered by the Merchant that may be purchased at a discount from the Mighty Deals web site."
                  Does that make MD the supplier
                  Contra proferentem???
                  They also say:
                  ."Once a voucher has been redeemed, the contract between Mighty Deals and the customer is transferred to the merchant and the customer"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X