• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vauxhall insignia from Hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall insignia from Hell

Hello everybody, I'm a new member and i have never felt the need to use this brilliant site that i have been following for months. This may be a long read ..but please bear with me :tinysmile_cry_t:
    My dilemma is. August 2013 I purchased a 2009 Vauxhall Insignia CDTi From a reputable dealer and used a finance company for a HP Agreement. The value of the car was 9768.00 the finance was 12609.00 included in the price was 3 years free servicing including MOT. Over the period i have used 2 of there free services usually with an average extra parts required around 400.00 due to sensor failure or engine management issues! which put my car into a death defying "Limp Mode" to protect the Car?? taking the car from 75mph to an instant 37mph very handy on the M6 north travelling home one evening, I've had numerous faults on this car including a new radiator and now to top it off whilst again, driving home the Turbo packed up flooding the engine with oil and causing it to completely seize. the mileage of the car is 87879. This as left me without a vehicle and because i travel between Stoke and Birmingham daily, inconveniently causing friction at my place of work! i fear the worst as i can not afford to get the repairs done! The dealer has told me he tried to get Vauxhall to pay towards repairs, they declined saying it was 7 years old and these things happen!? The dealer has told me that to repair the car, will cost around £4000 but has offered no help with the cost of repair. I owe £4817.00 its now stuck at the dealers and has been for 2 weeks. I have got prices for recon engines and i'm looking at £1300.00 + fitting i am having nightmares about where to go with this, i have not missed a payment to the finance..Yet! on reading the finance agreement i can Voluntarily Terminate the agreement , with certain conditions, the car is perfect except a faulty engine! Can anybody offer any advise apart from "Bite the Bullet" Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Vauxhall insignia from Hell

It would seem (via Autotrader) that the current market value for a 2009 model is £3.5k to £4k.
    [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] would, I'm sure, give an opinion re VT.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Morning,

I think you are in a bit of a difficult situation here. If your car is on HP then yes you can VT the agreement but the car needs to be in a reasonable condition i.e. a roadworthy one and if the car has seize and is not running then I'd find it hard for you not being charged by the finance company for the repairs, perhaps beyond what you have been quoted too. What was the mileage when you bought it, and have you had it serviced at the correct intervals and repairs done at the correct mileage stages in accordance with the servicing manual?

You have a some options:

1. Pay off the remaining amount on the HP agreement (not recommended)

2. Pay for a recon engine and then VT the agreement (though at this point you may wish to retain it and pay the amount off over time)

3. Sell the car with/without engine repaired to a third party, use the proceeds and whatever savings to pay yourself out of the HP agreement (this breaches your agreement but it could potentially be the cheapest so long as the third party is not aware that the car is on finance and if its done fast then the finance co may not ever know)
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your advice Rob, pretty much the same conclusions I've been drawing, maybe a fix up and keep situation, mayby sell later to get some money back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X