• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CAPQUEST - help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPQUEST - help

Help please - I had a phone call this morning that I missed, upon searching it, I discovered it belonged to CAPQUEST. I now know that it's a DCA. I did not ring back, upon searching this site and seeing that CAPQUEST work on the basis of intimidating people to contact them and acknowledge debt. About an hour later, I received a text from them, it did not say what the organisation was, they just put "Hi (INSERT NAME HERE), we need to speak to you today regarding a personal matter, please ring 03339997248 today to discuss this matter." I discovered that the number they provided to ring was indeed CAPQUEST. However the number that they sent the message off was just a UK mobile number that upon searching had no association to the organisation. They only addressed me using my first name, I have also not received any letters off them, so this is the first time they have attempted to create contact with me. Obviously the text message could not say what the debt was for, etc. However I do know that I owe approximately £350 to a company, which i assume is what this is about. Could it be hit and miss, because they didn't use anything more than my first name to address me and I have had no other correspondence off of them? Or do I just ring them and ask? Or would that be classed as acknowledging the debt even though I'm not 100% sure what it is regarding?
    Tags: None

Re: CAPQUEST - help

Don't phone or text them if they send a letter that's the time to get back on here

Comment

Re: CAPQUEST - help

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Don't phone or text them if they send a letter that's the time to get back on here
      Agreed - they should write to you, so do nothing until they do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X