• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dot 79

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dot 79

Please could someone give me some advise as not sure what to do.
    I am currently on a DMP and do keep to it as helps me settle.
    I have never missed a payment. and I do correspond with my creditors.
    However, I can no longer afford the flat I live in as it costing me a fortune in heating etc. it is an old type building.
    I want to get a smaller compact place to have less bills etc.
    At the moment I am going to stay with friends / family / for a while to give me a bit of time to save for deposit etc.
    I do not want to ignore my creditors and would be horrified if they wrote to the new tenant etc without me knowing.
    My family are not aware of my full situation and would not want to give their address in for embarrassment reasons.
    I am not running away from my plan as I would rather do that than have a CCJ etc. and if I don't inform them they could send a summons without my knowledge.
    please could someone advise what address I could give till I get a new one or could I have a PO BOx ?
    many thanks for reading. Dot.
    Tags: None

Re: Dot 79

Hi DOT79 ...

Best bet is to rent a Royal Mail PO box for a period where you can collect your mail regularly at a local post office collection office of your choice. They are not so cheap I am afraid, £27.60 for a single month, reducing if you choose 6 months.

Failing that, do you have a trusted friend whose address you could use for correspondence purposes only? You may need to be a tad cautious with that though as that address may become part of your credit file and the person living there may well know that.

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/po-box

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X