• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help , insurance mess up :( what can I do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help , insurance mess up :( what can I do

Hi everyone so pleased to be accepted onto this site and be able to (hopefully) get some help and clarification as to what to do in my situation ..How can I get out of paying something I don't believe i should have to ??
    I had a car insurance policy Feb 2015-Feb 2016, it was a renewal so the person on phone said I didn't need to pay a deposit it would just be spread over the months I had the policy. I paid roughly 60 a month .. And policy ended perfect in Feb 2016. (They even sent my no claims certificate ) Today , 6 months later I have had a letter stating due to an admin error on their side , there's an outstanding amount of over 100 on my policy that needs paying . After calling them up and being on hold for over hour and passed to 4 different people I spoke to a manager who admitted its all their fault but due to the person who initiated the finance getting it wrong and thinking that I already paid the deposit (the outstanding amount) that I have to pay it or it goes to credit people and they will chase it? How the hell is it my fault, and the cheek 6 months later to ask for it when it's down to them 😣 Hopefully someone can help . Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Help , insurance mess up what can I do

Hi and welcome.

You won't want to hear this, but they are correct.
    If it was a genuine error, the credit providers are entitled to request the outstanding amount for up to six years later.

Do you agree that you unintentionally avoided the payment, or do you think you paid it?

IMO however, any decent broker, having admitted it was their error, would absorb the shortage themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi and welcome.

You won't want to hear this, but they are correct.
      If it was a genuine error, the credit providers are entitled to request the outstanding amount for up to six years later.

Do you agree that you unintentionally avoided the payment, or do you think you paid it?

IMO however, any decent broker, having admitted it was their error, would absorb the shortage themselves.
      Totally agree with this and I have seen it happen in practice on a few occasions. My only comments would be (1) do you agree that you actually underpaid the amount requested, and (2) there is some onus on the insured to ensure that the contract ( i.e. the policy and its premium ) has been correctly paid for, regardless of the insurance company's own administration. I would have also thought that if the contract, during it's term, was not fully paid, as per the terms of that contract, there may be the possibility of not being covered under the terms of that contract.

Comment

Ah not really what I wanted to hear but thanks so much for replying . I had no idea I had underpaid until I got the letter this morning. I had been told as it was a renewal there was no deposit to pay as it would just be spread over the policy. I paid my monthly payment pn my paperwork every month on time up until it lapsing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much for your reply , i have just replied to the first comment, I had no idea I had underpaid until this morning , but everything that has been on my paperwork has been paid by me every month. Possibly thanks for your reply, I am going to find all of my documents and do a copy to send and write to them. I just feel it's a little unfair when it's no mess up of my own & leaving it 6 months

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X