• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mini credit/Hellix debt collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini credit/Hellix debt collection

I have recently been contacted by a company called Hellix collections regarding an alleged debt from mini credit, I never felt more threatened they are emailing me phoning me and texting me upto 4 times a day I have asked them to send me a copy of the credit agreement they have refused saying they will take my house off me-too late I had to sell up after my other half had a major life threatening and changing illness - which does leave me to believe they are cowboys but the are persistent, I have checked past emails etc.. But don't recall taking out a loan with minicredit I have looked on line and seen that they ceased trading its seems to say that they have passed accounts onto opos and or Kapama I have had emails of opos in the past but again they have never provided me with the copy where do I stand.? They are now threatening to contact my workplace
    Tags: None

Re: Mini credit/Hellix debt collection

Hi yt65 & welcome to LB.

(Notwithstanding the fact that you don't remember the PDL)
    Have you ever received a Notice of Assignment? (Basically a letter which states that the original creditor has sold the alleged debt to another company)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

http://www.fca.org.uk/static/documen...redit-vreq.pdf

Re above post #2, para #6 of the link ^^^ is interesting.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I don't remember a letter from minicredit saying it had been assigned to opos/Kapama but in fairness at that time my head was somewhere else trying to keep my finances afloat whilst my other half was in a coma , don't even remember taking out a loan with them

Comment

Have you sent them an official CCA request?
          http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement
          They are then under a legal duty to provide a compliant accurate copy of the agreement, T&Cs & a statement of the account within 2 weeks.
          You will need to enclose a £1 payment, & do get proof of postage (SignedFor is trackable)
          Keep copies.

Keep a log of all calls & copies of all correspondence for future reference.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Minicredit apparently no longer exists and Hellix say they don't have to provide anything even the signed credit agreement they are bullies but I don't know wether they have to supply some proof they just sent me a copy of a credit agreement ( generic no signature) no breakdown of amounts I have asked them whom I would send the SAR to now that minicredit is gone and they won't give me any information I don't know where to start with them if I owe the money I will make an arrangement with them but they are harassing me daily with at least 2 emails and 2 phone calls and text messages in the 2 weeks since they contacted me by email I've had 34 emails and 15 text messages I've lost count of the phone calls because I've blocked their numbers can they just carry on like this until I give in?

Comment

Originally posted by yt65 View Post
              Minicredit apparently no longer exists and Hellix say they don't have to provide anything
              Incorrect
              even the signed credit agreement
              Correct - it can be reconstituted & they don't need to show a signature, but it must be an accurate copy.
              they are bullies but I don't know wether they have to supply some proof they just sent me a copy of a credit agreement ( generic no signature) no breakdown of amounts I have asked them whom
              They also need to send T&Cs as at the inception of the agreement, any subsequent variations & a statement of the account.
              I would send the SAR to now that minicredit is gone and they won't give me any information I don't know where to start with them if I owe the money I will make an arrangement with them but they are harassing me daily with at least 2 emails and 2 phone calls and text messages in the 2 weeks since they contacted me by email I've had 34 emails and 15 text messages I've lost count of the phone calls because I've blocked their numbers can they just carry on like this until I give in?
              If they cannot provide the above within 12 days of your CCA request (+2 days for postage), they cannot enforce the alleged debt until/unless they do comply.

Btw, did you read the stuff in the link (post #3)?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I did but as I said not sure if I owe it let alone if I was one of them transferred or not I have now advised them I will be sending the SAR and will only converse with them in writing as I would be unable to record the threats and language being used by them I hope this will bring an end to this one way or another thanks for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X