• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

There is an office chair on order but how long do I have to wait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is an office chair on order but how long do I have to wait?

My chair hurts my back, this is a first for me.

I am asking here for advice on how long I must wait for each trial replacement chair to be provided?

If its relevent then this is my story:

It feels like I just can't take it anymore, the chair in my new job hurts my back and its getting to me in a big way. I believe the chair is broken because the same chairs are different and do no hurt my back.

The first chair had a very slippery surface and hurt my back so I swapped out for another which was hanging around, this one is broken but is slightly better since I do not slip off, but my back still hurts.

I asked for a replacement officially and they brought me a chair that was missing a pin on the side and made me fall over to the side.

They refuse to let me bring in my own chair, they say there is a company procedure I have to follow.

There is now a chair on order. What if they keep saying its on order? How long is a reasonable time to wait?

Its been one week and a bit, the problem for me is that the situation is hurting my back, and making me feel mentally unwell. My back hurts at night, I have never experienced something like this before. It started on my first day with my first chair. Over the weekend I sit in my office chair at home and it feels great. By the end of the weekend my back is alot better.

I sit upright now for 9 hours with standing breaks but its tiring and my software engineering job is more difficult this way.

My personal trainer has been doing excersises with me to strengthen my back but it doesnt work. Its simply the fact that the only chairs I have access to push my bum off the chair and are very uncomfortable, they are very stiff and lack adjustment unlike other chairs in the office.

Its been 1 month and a half since I started work and my back is getting worse. I am seriously considering handing in notice to find other work because I have been told that developing back problems can be a serious problem for the rest of my life and It just feels like no job is worth my personal health.

When the next chair comes if its not suitable it might be another 2 weeks before I get to try another, I worry that it might take months. I feel like they should let me give specifications or something for the chair or let me buy my own.

I also don't know how long I must wait for them to order and deliver a chair when the answer to my problem is just next door in staples. It seems like a cruel system to strain my back and stress me when there are such simple solutions.

I was strong at first but now the daily disomfort is getting to me, I feel very bad today.
    Tags: None

Re: There is an office chair on order but how long do I have to wait?

Hi and welcome

Others more at home with employment law will be along in time, but have you looked at Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.

Section 2 lays down the requirement of the employer to ensure the health and welfare of the employees whilst at work
    Section 40 puts the onus of proof of what is practicable on the employer
    Section 47 concerns civil liability of employer.

Have you yet seen your GP about your back problems?

Comment

Re: There is an office chair on order but how long do I have to wait?

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi and welcome

Have you yet seen your GP about your back problems?
      No, but thats a good idea. I will do that

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X