• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compensaiton and legal proceedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensaiton and legal proceedings

Hi,
    This is a question on what compensation I could be entitled to for the following:

I had worked at a financial institution for 13yrs and then I was accused of taking monies from an account and the initial charge of Theft was changed Fraud before the court case 4 years later.

This went to court and after two days the Judge told the jury to say 'Not Guilty' as there was not even any evidence the monies were even missing.

A professional auditor proved the monies were not in any of my accounts and the bank's investigator eventually confirmed in court 'it was their assumption' I took the monies.

Throughout the 4 years a member of the police at the start said they could not understand why this case was proceeding.
    Time was extended a good number of times for the banks to find evidence.
    Another judge said there was no evidence but gave the bank 6mths to find something(this continued numerous times).

I am\have been on medication for depression, worries for financial implications(could not get another job in finance while this all continued), things written in facebook from unkind sources, I avoided certain towns\shops with the embarrassment of being accused, people\friends gaining their own ideas of my innocence from gossip, family relationships were strained at times and future looking bleak with the possibility of prison.

My real worry is that I cannot afford a solicitor and going through a civil court will be very tough. Bearing in mind the bank will have top notch representation to scupper any claims, this is quite daunting.
    Tags: None

Re: Compensaiton and legal proceedings

Just giving this a bump for you. I really can appreciate this must be hard. To be accused of wrongdoing when your career depends so much on your reputation is pretty tough.Please be assured, you will not be judged by us and I am sure someone will be able to offer sound advice when they get a minute.

Pxx

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X