• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

company gone into liquidation.What next.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• company gone into liquidation.What next.

Company gone into liquidation.what next for the customer

I had a Carron woodburner installed 2 years ago,and had nothing but problems with the top plate cracking, and the paint splitting.That was replaced only for the replacement to do the same thing.That was replaced only for the third one to do exactly the same, but on a larger scale.
    After the Derby Fireplace Company limited sending someone round to take measurements, photo's etc, and emailing them to Carron,they finally admitted that the woodburner was too powerful for the chamber(7.0kw output), and that the woodburner was actually too far back.I was then told that I would be getting a replacement 4.7kw woodburned, DFPCltd, would install it, and they would refund me any difference.
    After around 4 weeks or so of no response to my emails, and refusing to answer the phone,I looked the company up on Companies house.It turns out that they are now in liquidation!!
    So,I now have a woodburner with the enamel cracked and split on the top plate, a flue pipe that has paint coming off, and no response from DFPCltd.
    Where do I now stand in getting this issue resolved once and for all, as I am currently around £3,400 out of pocket and have a woodburner with defects.
    Derby Fireplace Company limited emailed me around 2nd week of june saying that Carron said the measuremnts for fitting the woodburned are wrong.Could I therefore hold Carron responsible and request they replace the woodburner?
    Tags: None

Re: company gone into liquidation.What next.

Just to be sure can you confirm:
    You purchased from Derby Fireplace Co, and they are now in liquidation.
    DFC were responsible for the sale and installation of an inapproriate appliance, which has caused that appliance to develop faults.
    DFC agreed to replace the appliance, but then went belly up.

If the above is correct, it seems that Carron have no liability to you.
    However, have you been in touch with Carron to see if they are prepared to help?
    Have you been in touch with the liquidators to see if the replacement stove is in stock with DFC?
    If it is there you might be able to negotiate with them.

You said the woodburner was "too far back".... was this a manufacturing or installation error?

If you used a credit card or finance to purchase the stove you might be able to do a sec,75 claim.
    If it was a debit card you are out of time for a chargeback.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Just to be sure can you confirm:
      You purchased from Derby Fireplace Co, and they are now in liquidation.
      DFC were responsible for the sale and installation of an inapproriate appliance, which has caused that appliance to develop faults.
      DFC agreed to replace the appliance, but then went belly up.

If the above is correct, it seems that Carron have no liability to you.
      However, have you been in touch with Carron to see if they are prepared to help?
      Have you been in touch with the liquidators to see if the replacement stove is in stock with DFC?
      If it is there you might be able to negotiate with them.

You said the woodburner was "too far back".... was this a manufacturing or installation error?

If you used a credit card or finance to purchase the stove you might be able to do a sec,75 claim.
      If it was a debit card you are out of time for a chargeback.
      I have an email from DFC who stated that Carron told DFC the fire was too far back,(Carrons original installation measurements), so I guess an installation error on Carrons part originally.DFC fitted the fire to the stated measurements.and DFC also stated that the fire was too powerful for the lounge/diner at 7.0kw output, and that we will be better off with the 4.7kw and DFC would refund any difference.
      How do I find who the liquidators for DFC are?.
      My wife paid for the fire.She thinks it was a cheque ,although she can't be certain.I recall her paying the balance in the store.

Comment

Your contract was with DFC, (presumably they were the ones who recommended the oversize furnace) and normally it is against them you would make a claim,
        But in the circumstances if you contact the CEO of Carron politely and explain the position they may be prepared to help.

Lucinda Matkin of LM Insolvency & Advisory was appointed liquidator of The Derby Fireplace Company on Monday 27 June.(http://agriculturalreceivership.co.uk/)
        If the replacement stove is already with DFC and earmarked for you, it should be released to you.
        However if it is in stock but not reserved to you, you may be able to negotiate with the liquidator.

Comment

Many thanks des8 for the replies.I have emailed the liquidators and will await a response from them.If I get no reply by next week,then I will phone them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X