• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCP car finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCP car finance

Hi. I have used your templates to terminate my agreement with RCI financial services limited (Nissan Finance) I had 7 months left of a 36 month agreement so had paid more than half. They collected the car without charge and the condition survey showed £263.30 of body work scratches. Then they want £1103.36 for excess milage. I again used your templates and as a good will gesture sent them a cheque for £154.30 which was the money for the scratches minus £109 which they debited from my account after the agreement had terminated as my full and final settlement. I have just received a letter and my cheque returned demanding the full payment slightly reduced to £827.52? (Really not sure how they came to that figure? They just say that they are willing to reduce it to that! They are also refunding my £109 direct to my account!) Should I pay this or refuse? They are now threatening litigation!

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: PCP car finance

Originally posted by redcows007 View Post
    Hi. I have used your templates to terminate my agreement with RCI financial services limited (Nissan Finance) I had 7 months left of a 36 month agreement so had paid more than half. They collected the car without charge and the condition survey showed £263.30 of body work scratches. Then they want £1103.36 for excess milage. I again used your templates and as a good will gesture sent them a cheque for £154.30 which was the money for the scratches minus £109 which they debited from my account after the agreement had terminated as my full and final settlement. I have just received a letter and my cheque returned demanding the full payment slightly reduced to £827.52? (Really not sure how they came to that figure? They just say that they are willing to reduce it to that! They are also refunding my £109 direct to my account!) Should I pay this or refuse? They are now threatening litigation!

Many thanks.
    Hello,

Your next option is to make an official complaint to RCI to prevent them taking any further action such as litigation in the meantime as they should investigate any disputes of alleged debt first.

What was your stipulated excess mileage per year? Did you have any discussions with the sales person at the time about your driving style and were you pointed out about the mileage conditions?

They shouldn't be able to charge you excess mileage, as for the body scratches, the car only needs to be returned in a reasonable condition and no better. This is of course subjective and smal scratches could be deemed as reasonable such as stone chips.

It would be helpful if you could post up the letter with your personal information removed. You can do this by clicking on the "go advanced" button and then there is a paperclip button to upload images.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X