• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The new PM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new PM

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    I think personalities are important. Whoever takes us forward into the #Brexit negotiations will have some very difficult conversations ahead.
    Well I don't think Maggie had a glowing personality according to her friend, but she managed to get her own way, which is exactly what we need.
    Choosing the new PM should be kept indoors unless we the public are allowed to choose also, all this mud slinging just makes us look pathetic and totally inept on a political sense.

The way Jonathan Aitken speaks of his friend Margaret Thatcher. Here is just a selection of the words he uses to describe her – either deploying his own judgment or that of people he quotes: phoney, bullying, obnoxious, hypocritical, deplorable, unpleasant, alienating, opportunistic, confrontational, monomaniacal, disloyal, dysfunctional, snarky, pedestrian, hesitant, insufferably rude, foolish, arrogant, grudge-bearing and an anachronistic bigot.
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/oct/16/margaret-thatcher-jonathan-aitken-review

Comment

I totally agree with Amethyst and Exc -ranting tweets just make her look hysterical and totally unprofessional. If she thinks that is the last time her words will be ‘crafted’ to excite readers then she is in the wrong profession. She is on a very sticky wicket taking on the Times although they apparently have ‘altered’ parts of the article on line.
      The image of her on twitter is the sort of deceitful picture people post on dating sites. At least the the Times picture is accurate. Dig the cleverly constructed ‘homely country woman’ look in this morning’s interview. Oh! the many faces of Leadsom.
      Pitying Theresa May because she has no children! How dare she. If she wants to play the personal game I pity her because her children let her go out looking like she had make up tips from Catweazle! And her roots need doing!:taunt:
      God help us all. The handbags are already flying. Mind you, makes a change to the male pi**ing contest we usually have. Teresa May must be rubbing her hands together this morning. -Actually no; if she has no kids she is probably still asleep!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

It's just as well Stephen Crabb was voted out in the first round, according to The Times.

Stephen Crabb, 43, a devout Christian and married father of two who placed his values and family at the centre of his failed candidacy for the Tory leadership, had a series of flirtatious and sexually charged exchanges with the woman on WhatsApp during the run-up to the EU referendum.

In a late-night exchange last month he told her that he wanted to kiss her “everywhere” and asked her to call him. The recipient, who is in her twenties, met him through his political role several years ago and struck up a friendship over the online messaging service.

Comment

Bloody ell if the political parties HAD to be squeaky clean we would never get a parliament.

Comment

Oh well said Enaid. We could rake dirt up about all the PMs and ministers including the ones who did a very good job. I really don't care what lights their candle so long as they look after the country.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
            ~ Anonymous

Comment

Me neither, as long as their activities are not criminal or covered up because they were then hey ho.
              I may have actually changed my tune a tad on this issue but to be fair so much wrong with society on a whole think I was forced to

Comment

Originally posted by Berti View Post
                Openlaw
                You say that but Section 28 was only repealed in 2003 and that was largely due to the then labour government not having a choice as it was incompatible with the HRA(1988) . If the HRA is repealed anything could happen. As you know the US Supreme Court is not like our legal system. The state dictates all the time, it dictates when we can marry, when we can legally have sex, how we drive, how we live.
                Berti, if the state made gay marriage illegal now the gay/ LGBT (Lesbian/ Gay/ Transgender) communities would probably leave the country. The Brexiters already want to leave, disenfranchising the same sex communities will just create massive problems and lose public interest in the current government notwithstanding the Brexit issues, notwithstanding the damage that this would do to personally injury said communities, notwithstanding overall injuring said communities contribution to the UK's economy. The US Bill of Rights and the Rule of law of the US' Constitution has actually come from England. So, essentially the US' common law legal system branched of from England's and developed the US. So there is a strong correlation with law in the UK and law in the USA. The US Supreme Court is not the highest source of power in the US, as each state's constitution is, but the role of US Supreme Court in each state is to interpret the constitution as per its author's intention: Marbury v Madison (1806) 1 Cranch 137.

Comment

Same sex marriages are here to stay like em or not theres a bit more to this country than a hatred of minorities in fact the amount of people opposed to this is I expect very few just hysteria whipped up by the media

Comment

BBC mooting that Andrea is going to withdraw at lunchtime. Of course they could be wrong but as she has described the media pressure over last few days as 'shattering' I really don't know how she would deal with it if she did become PM, so couldn't blame her for ditching at all. It's taken a lot of guts to put herself forward. It also takes a lot of guts to say 'it's not for me' halfway through.

We'll see.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Re: The new PM

Yep, she's pulled out. So Theresa May will be new PM (unless anything else weird happens) . Can't pretend not to be delighted
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yep, she's pulled out. So Theresa May will be new PM (unless anything else weird happens) . Can't pretend not to be delighted
                        I'd be more delighted with a Labour Government in power...but between May and the other (of whom I knew nothing about until recently, who also has a weird pre-occupation with thinking that a mum creates a good Prime Minister.. and the other irrelevant gay marriage stuff), I think May - the devil you know - is better than the one you don't.

Comment

Labour would be a bit of a nightmare at the moment wouldn't it ! I have no idea who Angela Eagle is, (know less about her than I did about Leadsom) Jezza would make a terrible PM ( he's a nice bloke but so's Dennis Skinner - wouldn't want him as PM either!) so they are really best sorting themselves out on the opposition side and let the Government get on with sorting out #Brexit - what ever they do they will be wrong so I don't envy Theresa the task she has ahead of her. It's still in my view an utterly terrible decision, but I recognise it must now go ahead, however it has shown that a massive swathe of the UK population is really unhappy about how things are, so in that way it's good - can't see anyone in any party taking anything for granted from here on in.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Openlaw, Labour maybe in ten years time as for leadsom what skeletons had they found in her cuboard

Comment

Labour would be a bit of a nightmare at the moment wouldn't it ! I have no idea who Angela Eagle is, (know less about her than I did about Leadsom) Jezza would make a terrible PM ( he's a nice bloke but so's Dennis Skinner - wouldn't want him as PM either!) so they are really best sorting themselves out on the opposition side and let the Government get on with sorting out #Brexit - what ever they do they will be wrong so I don't envy Theresa the task she has ahead of her. It's still in my view an utterly terrible decision, but I recognise it must now go ahead, however it has shown that a massive swathe of the UK population is really unhappy about how things are, so in that way it's good - can't see anyone in any party taking anything for granted from here on in.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                                Corbyn did not complete his degree and got E grades for his two A Levels. He was on a trade union course but got booted for arguing about the curriculum. I think that's irony in that trade union officials argue the rights for represented employees yet Corbyn was arguing with his tutors, hmm. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Corbyn

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X