• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The new PM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new PM

Originally posted by enaid View Post
    Why would we need a political somebody to take us through a whole new chapter?
    Lets not forget the loverly Ms May is a remain and will be scrapping to still 'remain' as much as is possible so the outcome may not be what's wanted or needed. Her involvement with the Ministry of Jokes has not proven to be brilliant, she has cut the police to a bare minimum in some areas. If this is how she works what chance have we got re security. As for her deporting illegal immigrants, she thinks it is students that should go and after wrongly getting rid they could all come back and claim compo, but no worry there are only 48,000 of them. Yet it took 8 yrs to get rid of a real threat Abu Qatada costing a mere 1.7 million of tax payers money to do so. Keeping him and his family in benefits while here. Please don't even tell me she is the one unless you can give me at least onr positive thing she has done and prove it.
    Had forgotten so much of this. Do you know I was totally for her in a ‘best of a bad lot’ way and now…..once again Enaid...you have completely thrown a spanner in to my ‘clear view’.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Andrea Leadsom v. Theresa May.....oh dear another woman running the country(:behindsofa
      I will say one thing -when we had a woman ruling this country both the EU and the USA paid attention!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

I think we need to forget who voted remain and who voted leave, I don't not like Andrea because of her campaigning to Leave - I don't like her because she just doesn't have what it takes to lead and run the country - IMO. She hasn't handled the questions over her CV very well ( again IMO) and just comes across as blathering. She's going to have much harder things to deal with than that, primarily negotiating hard with those in the EU, and that's all of us on the line, not just her career. I just don't think she has what it takes or what is needed.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well my personal opinion is none of them have what is needed, I stand by what I feel and that is this is so far from a one man job it is unfair to have one political party and hence one leader dealing with this. Do you think for one moment Ms May will be seeking help and advice form the members of her party who supported leave? I don't not for a moment.
          Let them pick a Prime Minister after all it seems to be a job one can just stroll away from if the tough gets tougher. Not fair to force on us though a PM who is not 100% behind what they are doing or has any real credibility in negotiation or actually dealing with the EU properly.
          As for Andrea and her CV I think it very possible many tell porkies on their CVs, as for her running the country, well no I agree with you she's not right but running the country is secondary at the moment, leaving the EU with the best outcome for us is utmost and then we can all have our say and decide at a general election whohas the job of running the country and bringing it back up to speed and hopefully onwards and upwards for everyone, not just the rich.

Comment

Because being good at politics is what being an effective Prime Minister and representative of the nation in the world is what it's all about and you don't rise to the senior position of Home Secretary and keep the job for 6 years unless you're a good politician.

She's been an MP for nearly 20 years. She was a reluctant remainer and almost on the fence which in my view is the ideal position to be in for negotiating Brexit - ie she has few enemies.

By contrast Leadsom's CV boasts of her 25 years as a banker in the run up to the credit crunch as if somehow that's a good thing. Her political career is summed up by her Wiki entry:

On 9 April 2014 Leadsom was appointed Economic Secretary to the Treasury following Maria Miller's resignation from the Cabinet. According to the Financial Times, her period as City minister was seen by departmental officials as "a disaster" ... "The worst minister we ever had" ... "She found it difficult to understand issues or take decisions''

Comment

I genuinely think it is a case of dumb or dumber. I dislike May for her work on the draft communications bill and the draft investigatory powers bill, to my way of thinking both go against basic liberties just as PRISM does in the U.S. However she has kept her job as Home Secretary which gives her experience at the higher levels of government and within Europe .
              As for Leadsom, I know little about her which suggests she has little experience in government . In addition while many may agree with her ideas of zero regulation for companies with less than 3 employees and we need to remember that means no job protection or rights for employees we also need to wonder if this is the top of a very slippery slope. It would suggest to me that she is a big fan of small government which will mean erosion of our workers and civil rights. It is a laudable sentiment to want to say people who want to succeed should be able to but there was nothing there to say that she wanted to level the playing field so that there were fewer inequalities between rich and poor. Everyone should have the same access to good food, good education, good housing and good healthcare regardless of where they live or how much money they earn.

People forget as well that there is a massive North South divide and I will give Osborne credit for wanting to reinvigorate the north although I am not sure where he thinks the north starts.

Comment

I would agree with EXC , they do not call it political science for nothing. Politics is a difficult and complex situation, some believe it is Machiavellian while others believe that we all need to gain from political decisions and by all I mean everybody. That is my stance and that is why I am and will always be pro EU ( as it stands) even though yes it needs reform.

Comment

As I said they are both crap, being a good politician is not always what's good for the people, may just be a case of doing as they are told and being seen doing so.
                  Still no positive results for May in anyhting as far as I can see

Comment

Lets not forget the loverly Ms May is a remain and will be scrapping to still 'remain' as much as is possible so the outcome may not be what's wanted or needed. Her involvement with the Ministry of Jokes has not proven to be brilliant, she has cut the police to a bare minimum in some areas. If this is how she works what chance have we got re security. As for her deporting illegal immigrants, she thinks it is students that should go and after wrongly getting rid they could all come back and claim compo, but no worry there are only 48,000 of them. Yet it took 8 yrs to get rid of a real threat Abu Qatada costing a mere 1.7 million of tax payers money to do so. Keeping him and his family in benefits while here. Please don't even tell me she is the one unless you can give me at least onr positive thing she has done and prove it.
                    Mrs May has been a weak home secretary, weak on supporting the police, weak on illegal immigrants, weak on terrorism weak on just about everything including the invasion of Islam and Sharia Law and an EU addict Not Fit For Purpose!

My opinion.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      Mrs May has been a weak home secretary, weak on supporting the police, weak on illegal immigrants, weak on terrorism weak on just about everything including the invasion of Islam and Sharia Law and an EU addict Not Fit For Purpose!

My opinion.

nem
                      As Enaid asked for examples to support May, may I ask for some examples to support the allegations made above.

To me May is the dumb to Leadsons dumber so therefore the lesser of two evils for reasons I have explained and EXC has also evidenced.

I feel eel no invasion of Islam and most certainly not Sharia Law. I do not want to get into a debate on religion or religious law because that s a whole new thread.

Comment

no chance for andrea the press are digging the dirt relentlessly

Comment

Blimey Nem, have you been watching Fox News or something ?

Here's facts on Sharia 'law' in the UK - https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/

Theresa May being 'weak' on illegal immigrants - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6686976.html ( not the best example I admit, and I do disagree with the gov't position there but I really wouldn't say it was weak - I was going to quote hansard but there's just so much stuff which shows she is not weak, and has often been criticised for being too strict )

But really whichever side you believe you would be able to dig stuff up and quote it out of context to prove your point ( as could I ) so there's really not a lot of point doing it unless everyone is going to review the last 10 years of politics in depth.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Blimey Nem, have you been watching Fox News or something ?

Here's facts on Sharia 'law' in the UK - https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/

Theresa May being 'weak' on illegal immigrants - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6686976.html ( not the best example I admit, and I do disagree with the gov't position there but I really wouldn't say it was weak - I was going to quote hansard but there's just so much stuff which shows she is not weak, and has often been criticised for being too strict )

But really whichever side you believe you wou

Ald be able to dig stuff up and quote it out of context to prove your point ( as could I ) so there's really not a lot of point doing it unless everyone is going to review the last 10 years of politics in depth.
                            A tremendous amount of talk But No Action, the general approach of the current government and I've voted Tory since a could first vote.
                            Experienced the effect of weak support from the sharp end.

My opinion,

Comment

Here are some interesting things about Leadsom
                              please remember this is published by that bastion of communism , the group that publish the Daily Mail.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/07/here-a...ieves-5993147/

so so it's a disaster if we lose our AAA status yet she voted brexit and guess what, the predictions came true

She is truly homophobic , I mean how can a gay couple make good parents

She seems to be a supporter of Charles Murray. , he explains all societies ills as being due to single mothers

Comment

Originally posted by Berti View Post
                                Here are some interesting things about Leadsom
                                please remember this is published by that bastion of communism , the group that publish the Daily Mail.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/07/here-a...ieves-5993147/

so so it's a disaster if we lose our AAA status yet she voted brexit and guess what, the predictions came true

She is truly homophobic , I mean how can a gay couple make good parents

She seems to be a supporter of Charles Murray. , he explains all societies ills as being due to single mothers
                                You remind me of someone, just can't put a name to it yet.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X