• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

That statement you got back from the Funding corporation, I know you said you've had various vehicle finances over the years - was there a VT or repossession back in summer 2003 ? that you recall ? - as that appears to be what the debt is. Shortfall following sale of vehicle.
    I was just putting a stat barred letter together but thought if this really is a debt you don't know about, considering you weren't previously aware of the Funding Corp, we should put those assertions in too.

so ignore this below for the moment
    Originally posted by Parsodl View Post
    Afternoon, Please find attached reply from MCS.

Am I required to do anything until I hear a response?

Many thanks,
    You could write to MC now and tell them the account is statute barred. The account is on hold until the documents are provided by doesn't hurt to head them off at the pass with regards any court action.

Something like

Dear Mortimer Clarke

Ref XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Further to our recent correspondence I have been able to check my records with regards the alleged debt which you are chasing on behalf of your client, Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd.

You should be aware that the debt, originally with "The Funding Corporation", is statute barred pursuant to section 5 of the Limitations Act 1980.

The earliest point at which you could have sued for the full balance owed was in 2004 which is beyond six years ago. No payment has been made to this debt by me, or any third party acting as my agent for a period of more than six years, no written admission of liability for this debt has been made by me, or any third party acting as my agent for a period of more than six years and this debt is therefore statute barred and any court claim to recover it will be defended on this basis, in addition to your clients failure to comply with a formal consumer credit act 1974 request for a copy of the original agreement.

Additionally I would make you aware that there is no mention of any debt to the 'Funding Corporation' on my credit file, which is clean.

If you have evidence that this debt isn’t statute barred, please send it to me within 21 days.

Otherwise, please confirm in writing that your client will not pursue me further for this debt.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

I entered an IVA back in 2003.

Thanks,

Comment

I entered an IVA back in 2003.,
        Was this debt included in your IVA?

And did the IVA fail or complete (only relevant if it was included)?

Di

Comment

Hi,

It was included in the IVA.

Comment

It was included in the IVA.
            If you successfully completed your IVA then as far as I'm aware your creditors (which were included in the IVA) are legally obliged to write off any balance outstanding.

Was yours completed successfully or did it fail in which case things could be different?

Di

Comment

Hi,

I think it failed in about 2004-2005 sometime.

From my understanding (what I've read on websites, forums) this debt will be SB. Would this be correct?

Thanks,

Comment

It should be if it was terminated in 2004/2005 and you've had no further contact with them or paid anything via any DMP etc.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If there is any doubt as to whether this debt is SB (you've not got the file from the original creditor or your IVA provider yet) then I see no reason for you to do anything proactive since you've not received a county court claim.

I see so many instances when people think the debt is SB then suddenly find that they made a random payment over the phone when under pressure by a DCA which they forgot about.

Mortimer Clarke have put your account on hold. Why tempt fate.

Enjoy the peace and quiet however much you'd like closure on this issue asap.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X