• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Major issues at work. Please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major issues at work. Please read

I was unsure which category to put this under as there are so many problems. I currently work at a bird of prey centre. I am supposed to be getting sent to a recycling plant (all male staff) to carry out pestcontrol. They have male staff to do this job, but want to have me doing it to provide some relief. However, this has raised many issues as they haven’t sent a female down there before and the staff above me feel that it would not be fair to send a female due to the nature of the site and the way the men are with one another. Basically they are worried a female might feel uncomfortable with catcalling. This is something that has worried me also, but I didn’t get a chance to bring up the topic myself as the owner brought it up, letting me know in no uncertain terms that I would just have to put up with it and take it as acompliment, according to him 90% of females are flattered by catcalling and I am a feminist for calling it unwelcome attention. Bearing in mind that this hasn’t even happened yet, he has decided that because I wouldn’t be comfortable with it he cannot send me and I have put him in a compromising position. I also haven’t had adequate training and there is no female toilet on site.
    I am meant to be having a meeting about this soon, have no idea when and I really don’t know what to do. I love my job at the centre, but this has really put a dampener on things. Can anyone offer some advice?
    Last edited by owlet; 22nd June 2016, 19:45:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Major issues at work. Please read

You have posted twice , sometimes it takes a while for the members of the forum to get to posts . identical posts can just confuse . I thinkthere is a sex discrimination issue regarding there being no female loo on site. Would it be possible for the company to convert one of the stalls the men use to a ladies loo. As there is just you on site make it ckear ti the men that catcalling ans similar is unacceptable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X