• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

That referendum ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: That referendum ...

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    Does not mean they all did not vote remain and now want a chance to vote again
    It means that your vote to leave makes you an uneducated racist xenophobic imbecile and that you perhaps need to see a doctor. Of course, if you were to vote again and change your mind you'd be part of the master race. Remember as a brexiter you have ruined the lives of everyone for generations to come and for that you will at least be thanked. And you might be a fascist as well or a little englander to boot.

You see, you just though that your vote meant nothing and yet I can tell so much from how you voted .

BTW, for their petition rules to be fair, the ballot paper on the second vote will only have leave the EU in invisible ink with Remain in large bold letters and you won't be able to bring an ink pen in with you so that they can rub out anything silly that might come into your silly little head :o

There might be an eye test before you vote as well. If you read The Sun or The Express or know who Nigel Farage is then you're excluded from voting. At least that's how I read the rules from the politburo
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Tata Steel Bidders Get Cold Feet Over Brexit

Wilbur Ross is unlikely to pursue a takeover of Tata Steel's UK business in the wake of the EU referendum, Sky News learns.

Several bidders for Tata Steel's British operations are close to abandoning talks with their Indian owner as the outcome of the EU referendum threatens to deepen the crisis enveloping the UK's biggest steel producer.

A number of other prospective buyers are understood to have similar concerns about the potential impact of Brexit on global demand for steel, the robustness of new trade deals negotiated by the Government, and the ability to sell steel produced in the UK in the European single market.

http://news.sky.com/story/1717499/ta...et-over-brexit

Comment

Yet again, there is nothing coming back in any constructive or positive argument for the position we find ourselves in.

Why has this come about ?

Comment

No point it brexiters arguing all they would get is abuse from the losers

Comment

No point it brexiters arguing all they would get is abuse from the losers
            The point is "we are all losers now" & there is no reasonable explanation.

Comment

Please tell me together with absolute proof what I as Mr normal is going to lose

Comment

Another useful document - this time from the HoL. -> http://www.publications.parliament.u...om/138/138.pdf (PDF)

Professor Derrick Wyatt QC
                One potential problem here is that in the event of a Brexit vote, there will expectations on the part of some politicians and members of the public of immediate action to restrict EU migrants coming to the UK to work. I do no think these expectations could be accommodated. The result of a Brexit vote would be that the deal between the UK government and the EU on the emergency brake on migrant benefits would “cease to exist.” It might in theory be possible to conclude an immediate post Brexit agreement in the European Council to revive the just expired deal on the emergency brake so that the UK could apply it for the duration of the negotiations on withdrawal. One or two Member States have said they would like to apply the emergency brake too. But one can only guess at the political atmosphere in the immediate aftermath of a Brexit vote, and this might not be achievable.
                ( http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevi...ten/32079.html )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Please tell me together with absolute proof what I as Mr normal is going to lose
                  No idea, I just know you are not likely to gain anything, neither is anybody else, All the data & major players are pointing towards additional costs for the UK.

It's happening right now & it is joe public workers who will pay as usual................................I suggest you tell me otherwise ?

Comment

So nothing but possibles well its possible I might win Euromillions jackpot tuesday

Comment

give us a Bob then Tuesday!

Comment

Wales-I totally agree with you that another referendum is non democratic in principal. That is a valid and intelligent point. I do not accept that the leavers did not realise what would happen-they were told, over and over but laughed it off as scaremongering. Even now as the backside falls out of our economy many still do not believe it. They think things settled down but all the money you think will be spent on the NHS, policing or putting the bend back in your Banana is being used by the treasury to stop the free-fall. What you say on Friday is nothing compared to what will happen but hey, lots of people don’t believe it even when it is happening before their eyes.
                        You are completely scuppered now if you think EU law will help you fight injustice or corrupt banking.
                        As Fred said, if the value of the pound drops the cost of everything we import goes up including fuel inc.petrol/ oil and when the price of fuel goes up everything that has to be transported costs us more. That is how it will affect you.
                        The price of all imports will go up because we lose our trade agreements and we lose our jobs because no one abroad wants to have a base here or invest in our companies. Like Celestine's case above, my husband will probably have to move to Ireland with his company so Ironically, I the immigrant will go home but he, 100% British has to become a migrant worker. Leavers must be so proud of that!
                        Anyone who has struggled to build up a pension can forget it unless it is invested offshore.
                        Openlaw-The UK had a voice in the EU commission, council and parliament. A democratically elected voice.
                        Thats a fact and spinning off paragraphs of legislation will not change that.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                        ~ Anonymous

Comment

I see that HSBChave started the move from the City, doubtless to be followed by many others who will move their EU operations out.
                          No more passporting into the EU
                          Big financial loss to the city and so to the treasury.... will offset much of the gain caused by not having to contribute to EU.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                            I see that HSBChave started the move from the City, doubtless to be followed by many others who will move their EU operations out.
                            Big financial loss to the city and so to the treasury.... will offset much of the gain caused by not having to contribute to EU.
                            Morgan Stanley has been looking at Dublin and Frankfurt for a while. I had to laugh when I say Enda Kenny (Irish PM) trying to look sad about the result when he must be doing a little jig inside.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                            ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              Oh there is little gain from not contributing to the EU.
                              Try this maths test.
                              Take the liars figure, halve it then take away the subsidies and rebates. Then take away the income from contributions paid by all those who will lose their jobs or go abroad. Then subtract the amount the treasury have to use to stop the pound and the markets falling through the floor and your left with……...GREECE!

~ Anonymous

Comment

Percentage of eligible voters who voted in EU referendum(taken from skydata on twitter). No idea how they got that figure but for young people to moan then perhaps they should have got off their rear and voted :

% who got through our final #EUref poll turnout filter by age group:
                                18-24: 36%
                                25-34: 58%
                                35-44: 72%
                                45-54: 75%
                                55-64: 81%
                                65+: 83%
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X