• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LOWELL Statute Barred Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LOWELL Statute Barred Query

Originally posted by JPOO2012 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just to update you, I have received a letter off Lowell apologising for not supplying the T&C, statement of account etc that I requested as per sec 77/78 CCA. The letter continued to say that whilst they still believe I "am liable for the outstanding balance", they have agreed to "close the account and will no longer contact me again" but will "continue to report the default to the CRA's until March 2017 when this becomes unreportable". Whilst I am really pleased that they are going to back off, I still do not accept the reported default date of March 2011 as being correct as the last payment on this account was February 2010, hence statute barred argument and just want this wiped off my Credit report!
    Is now the time to contact the company the loan was originally from and ask they amend the default date?
    Thanks for all your advice so far, couldn't have got this far without you guys! :goodjob:
    Good result !!

You can certainly try the original creditor on getting the default date reset write to the Data Controller at their head office.

nem

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X