• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Car Finance Company Disabled Car - despite payments upto date - what do i do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Car Finance Company Disabled Car - despite payments upto date - what do i do?

I have an Audi Q7 which i've always wanted and love, I brought the vehicle some 18months ago, for £16,000.00
    I paid £6,000 cash, and financed £10,000 with a subprime vehicle loan company,

the finance is secured via a 'Pass time device'
    - if your not aware, the pass-time device is remote controlled box installed somewhere in the engine, when a payment is made
    a code is issued, which has to be keyed in to the vehicle, to prevent it from immobilizing...

however, the cars MOT was due in April, the car needed some work, and went into a garage,
    the engine light is ON, on the dashboard, following two diagnostic checks at £65 each, it turns out the pass-time device hasnt been installed incorrectly,
    its causing a power mal-function in the ECU... the garage have told me they cannot pass the MOT with the engine light on...

I contacted the finance company and informed them of the situation, to be told that:
    someone would contact me within 24 hours to sort the device,

the phone never rang, a week later I phoned the finance company, who were apologetic, and said
    someone would contact me within 24 hours to sort the device,

the phone never rang, another week passed, I phoned the finance company, who were appolgetic, and said
    someone would contact me within 24 hours to sort the device, but as the car does not have an MOT they
    cannot issue any codes for the car, despite the fact its upto date with payment....

I have 7 children, who need to running to school, and my work is also dependent on my vehicle.

I now cannot drive my vehicle, or move my vehicle, because it has no MOT and is immobilized...
    I have paid 18 payments of £495.00 towards the car + 6k (£14900) - I think there's another 8k still to pay
    under the agreement
    I have no confidence in the car finance company to sort the issues

I tried to speak to managers, only to be told, they would be breaking the law to issue a code?
    i feel they have repossessed my car, only with the expectation that i continue to pay for it!

what do i do?
    Last edited by marshammarty; 18th June 2016, 05:47:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help Car Finance Company Disabled Car - despite payments upto date - what do i do

Did you ask the "managers" what law they would be breaking?

Comment

Re: Help Car Finance Company Disabled Car - despite payments upto date - what do i do

The rod traffic act allows a vehicle to be driven to and from a pre-arranged MOT test and to and from the repairing garage. A formal complaint to the finance company in writing and then a word with the papers or watchdog lots of human interest here.

Comment

As the vehicle is unsatisfactory, and was at the time of purchase, is it not possible to write to the finance company rejecting it and obtainig a refund (less a sum for wear and tear).
        Altho' the current CRA concentrates on the first six months, doesn't the 6 year rule still apply?
        There should be no problem showing the pass time device has been incorrectly installed and this is solely the finance house fault.
        At the same time tell them you are expecting compensation for loss of use and/or cost of hire of other suitable vehicle.
        IMO you should go on the offensive to kick their a***s into motion!
        purchase 8 months ago so sale of goods act applies
        Last edited by des8; 19th June 2016, 08:09:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X