• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds Ppi refund calculation help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds Ppi refund calculation help

Hi, hope someone can help me. I had 3 loans with lloyds and initially was rejected. Sent away for SAR request and was given information on all 3 loans.

Loan 1: only dates from 1994 and loan number was all I was given from SAR.

Loan 2: in 1995 was for 1000 over 18 months for a loan amount of £1000. Monthly payments £225. With PLPI

loan 2: in 1997 for £2530 X 60 months refinance existing loan. Monthly payment £200 with PLPI.

I first complained to lloyds however they rejected my claim. I then took this complaint to the ombusman. To cut a long story short this was 2 years ago. I received a letter from ombusman about 6 weeks ago confirming to me that lloyds have upheld my complaint and I should here from them with a offer within the next 8 weeks. I can now say lloyds have made me my offer however I am very confused. For example, loan 1 I have no memory of the loan amount or the monthly premiums. This is how they sent me the calculation for this loan.

Your PPI Policy;
    A. The original cost of the Ppi £53.10
    B. number of monthly payments agreed - 12
    C. number of monthly repayments made - 12

what you have paid;
    D. How much you have paid in monthly premiums £53.10
    E. The interest applied to the premiums paid £5.91
    F. Total cost of your policy (D+E) £59.01

Refund due:
    L. Refund: total cost of your policy less price for comparative regular premium policy plus total adjustments relevant to you (F-G+K) £59.01

rather than type the whole letter I am only providing each alphabet that has a amount next to them. As letters G,H,I,J , K all have a £ -

Refund due including interest;
    L. Refund due £59.01
    M. Gross compensatory interest per annum on refund (row L) due £99.55
    N. Less basic rate tax to be withheld on compensatory interest (row M) £19.91
    O. Net refund due £138.65

my other 2 loans I won't include at this moment because I cannot understand that either?

I contacted lloyds as per letter requesting to contact them if I had any queries. I did phone and spoke to a adviser. I wanted firstly to explain where these figures came from. Was told the usual as per letter also that it coincides with the FOS guidelines. I explained I understood that but wanted to know how they managed to give me a Ppi on a loan that I had no amounts for Loan 1. felt like I was being put on hold all the time and probably inexperienced that they were being told what to say. Anyway she suggested that I can request a breakdown on all 3 loans. The amount of loan, the amount of Ppi paid per month, and amount paid towards loan. Etc. Today I received a letter saying, in regards to your request for further calculations on your redress awarded on your loan accounts, please be advised the only calculations we can provide are detailed within the appendix of our letter dated X X X.

i trust this answers your concerns. Then it goes on to tell me i can take it to ombusman etc.

My my queries are, how can they make a calculation based on information they cannot provide me? I don't even want to mention the other 2 loans unless someone was willing to make it clear for me. I have contacted the ombusman and they are reopening my case however it would not start all over again taking into consideration how long the complaint has been in place.

Has as anyone ever came up with a similar experience? Any help would be great thank you.
    Last edited by Jinty68; 17th June 2016, 18:44:PM. Reason: missed out information
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds Ppi refund calculation help

I'll ask [MENTION=189]Turboman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=83773]robin-hood[/MENTION] to see if they can assist when they're on next.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      I'll ask @Turboman and @robin-hood to see if they can assist when they're on next.
      thank you

Comment

Anybody any luck working this calculation??

Comment

The only way to check a calculation is to have the details of each loan from the credit agreements. We need
          1. Ppi amount
          2. Interest rate
          3. Loan term
          4. Start date
          5. End date - if repaid early.

It is impossible to check anything from the outputs on the offer letter as we never know how these figures have been derived.

So if you have copies if the 3 agreements, we should be able to recreate the calcs.

Comment

Originally posted by robin-hood View Post
            The only way to check a calculation is to have the details of each loan from the credit agreements. We need
            1. Ppi amount
            2. Interest rate
            3. Loan term
            4. Start date
            5. End date - if repaid early.

It is impossible to check anything from the outputs on the offer letter as we never know how these figures have been derived.

So if you have copies if the 3 agreements, we should be able to recreate the calcs.
            unfortunatly I don't have copies of all the loan agreements. Since I put this post up I have accepted the offer. However, I have put a recent post up about a rejected ppi claim form that was given to me by lloyds when they sent me my offer. If you have had any experience or knowledge in the post I would appreciate any help. Thank you

Comment

When i got my ppi back from lloyds they were very helpfull. it was for 2 loans, they itemized the ppi payment worked out they owed me £1300. then added on interest and credited my bank account with approx £2500. So it can work...your calculations seem overly complicated, not from you, but what lloyds have told you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X