• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitor vs Us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell solicitor vs Us

Hi all, I hope someone here has some advise for us regarding this particular problem.

Lowell Portfolio I. Served my wife with a CCJ on the 21st of march 2016 on behalf of shop direct.. They provided vague details that do not link to any debt she knows of. We asked for more details, sent a letter all recorded and signed for. The request was sent on the 23rd March and it was signed for the next day. Their response was one of we will try to get the information you request, but we cannot provide this in the 7 day time frame you have requested. Their response was dated 22nd of April. By this time my wife had to either accept the debt or enter a defence. The defence entered was one of a lack of provided information. This prevented us from either acknowledging or properly defending the debt. After the defence was submitted we received the aforementioned letter from Lowell. Just before we received the mediation offer we received a letter from them stating when the debt was passed onto them. This letter was printed on both sides of the page and had contradictory dates. The dates they claim they were assigned this debt were the 8th of May and the 5th of August 2011.
    We were advised by the national debt line to agree to mediation. We sent a copy of the mediation form to Lowell along with a further letter saying that they had not provided the information we had requested. 9th of June's post brings another letter from them which was dated the day it arrived and it contains a copy of an internet credit agreement and a page of tables with figures and dates, but no actual information about the supposed ordered. Apparently the account with Shop direct was opened on the 14th December 2010, there have been no payments in the last 6 years yet in the payments in the last 3 years box there is a £25.00 payment shown for the 06/01/11. It appears that they are stalling when asked for information and the information they do send seems to be deliberately confusing.

Sorry if this rambled.

Thank you all in advance for any help.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X