• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gas pre payment meter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas pre payment meter

Hi,
    If you have had a gas prepayment meter for gas fitted, how hard is it to get removed after the debt has been paid?
    What do you have to do to get the meter taken out?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Gas pre payment meter

My understanding of prepayment meters is that they are normally fitted for low income occupants or people with bad credit scores. If you have yourself accrued the debt in question, I think it would be hard to change over to payment on account metering ( i.e. credit meter ) but of course you should beg that very question and I am sure that different suppliers have different rules on this.

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...-credit-meter/

Comment

Can't really add to what Snoopy has posted, but just to say ( jumping on my soapbox )I love having a prepayment meter, I have one by choice ( not because of debt I mean - and actually I have two, gas and electric ). Much easier to keep control of what you use and no surprise bills. We so many stories of ridiculous miscalculated bills and the utter nightmare in sorting them out, and before I had a prepay meter I had a couple experiences of that myself ( random £2.5k bill because some twazzock put the day and night readings back to front ).

It will be weird for a while but you might find you like it once you get used to it.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I think you can demand they set the tariff the same and the charge as a payment meter once the debts paid.

I have had the experience were tenants wanted them out when they moved in and have watched them try to get them changed, the times they did, the tenants had normal meters at there prior address. On the other property's, we advised all the tenants to demand the charges are the same as post pay, and be given the opportunity's offered to post pay customers. So you still pay as you use it, but at better rates and cheaper meter rental/service charge

There are ways you can demand it, but you usually have to pay for the work, or pay a bond upfront for a year. ( again, this is through experience were tenants had them fitted without the landlord permission, sometimes against specific tenancy conditions and we have had to insist they are removed )
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I agree with Amethyst. I also have a prepayment meter, it just makes keeping track of your bills much easier. So I'd definitely recommend keeping it.
          A friend of mine wanted her meter to be taken out, there were so many procedures and eventually she gave up...

Luke

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X