• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination

Hallo everyone

I was wondering if anyone can possibly help me. I have a car with Barcley Partner. I have paid off more then half of the value of the car. Since April the car is broken – need new engine. The car is 8 years old now and the market value is about 2500 now, new engine will cost 1500 and the rest of what I need to pay is about 2800. My question is if I still could voluntary termination the car in conditions like it is?. Are they gone charge me for repair? The car is in the garage are they still will colect the car?

Many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary termination

Very unlikely I'm afraid, the car needs to be in a working order and if they repossess then I think they have every right to charge you for replacement engine. How old is the vehicle?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The car is 2008 so is 8 years old. Cost us all together about 8000. I can afford to pay 164 £ +insurance + tax for car which we can't drive. Also I can't fix at the moment. Do You have any idea what we can do ??

Comment

The only other thing that I guess you can do is breach your agreement. If the market value of the car is around £2,500 and the remainder of your agreement is £2,800 then you could potentailly seek to sell the car and use the proceeds to pay off the remainder of the agreement. Call the finance company and see how much it will cost for early settlement as this may be less than the £2,800 because of the rebate on interest.

I would urge caution however on going down that route as you will be in breach of the agreement as the car is not legally yours until the agreement has been fully paid - if the finance company catches wind of what you are doing they could initiate court proceedings against you.

I wouldn't suggest you go down this route unless you are absolutely sure and have exhausted all other possible avenues.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the help. I will contact them tomorrow.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X