• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CapQuest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CapQuest

Hi, we had a bank account with Lloyds from 2001 and they charged us over £7,000 in bank charges and interest over a period of time. During 2001 we were in financial difficulties, behind with our mortgage due to redundancy. Have been battling with Lloyds over many years to write off their excessive charges as in one charging period they charged us nearly £700. They were always aware of our situation but always refused to help.

Anyway, haven't written to Lloyds since early 2011. I do recall Robinson Way took over this, as Lloyds offered to reduce to £2,000 in early 2008. I do recall making some small payments to Robinson Way debt collectors but this may be outside the 6 year period, not 100% sure.

Yesterday, a letter arrived from Capquest saying they had bought the debt from Lloyds Bank. We haven't received any kind of correspondence from Lloyds since 2008.

Don't know what to do. I am not contacting them and there is no way I am paying them any money as basically Lloyds kept charging us excessive fees month on month when they knew of our financial situation. To my mind, I do not owe Lloyds any money whatsoever as we have already paid £1,000 in fees and charges.

Any help appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: CapQuest

Good morning,

Capquest will have no knowledge of any dispute with Lloyds they will have bought the debt as part of a huge portfolio of debts with the absolute minimum of information.

If you ae thinking along the lies of the debt being statute barred much will depend on the following factors.

1. The date Lloyds " called in the debt" by demanding repayment of the full amount owed on the account ( Final Demand )

2.What was said in terms of admission of liability for the debt in your letters in 2011 any unequivocal written acknowledgment resets the 6 year "clock" to zero.

3. You don't owe any money to Lloyds because Capquest has bought the debt and the right to collect it.

4. Any payment to any party during the relevant 6 year period also sets the " clock" back to zero.

What amount is Capquest pursuing?
    Have you checked your credit file to see what information is showing? You can check Noddle Free Online.

Capquest will have no interest in a dispute with Lloyds, the approach now would be to send a " prove it" letter to Capquest requiring them to prove that the debt is owed.

Please be aware that Capquest do proceed through to the issue of a County Court Claim if no contact is made.

What you have received so far is I suspect is the legally required " Notice of Assignment " of the debt to Capquest, has there been any further correspondence. Who sold the debt to Capquest?

nem

Comment

[MENTION=2]Celestine[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] ( just tagging a couple people to take a look at your post about Lloyd's charges ) Do you have copies of the statements from the period of the charges still ? Have you ever taken the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nothing on our credit record as it is at least 8 years old since default was registered. there is no notice of assignment, just a letter requesting payment and to get in touch. If I send a prove it letter, would this affect the 6 year limit?

Comment

Originally posted by cherrypie View Post
          Nothing on our credit record as it is at least 8 years old since default was registered. there is no notice of assignment, just a letter requesting payment and to get in touch. If I send a prove it letter, would this affect the 6 year limit?
          No such a letter should always refer to " the alleged " debt and mention that you "do not acknowledge any liability for it".

The age of the debt is different from the date that a debt may have reached statute barred status as any payment/ written acknowledgment will reset the " clock".

nem

Comment

ok, thanks. Is there a prove it letter I should send?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X