• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claims guys PPI claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claims guys PPI claim

Hi there. Apologies in advance for my naivety in this matter. I've stupidly made a claim for PPI using claims guys to do my lazy work (which of course I regret now!) After spending almost an hour and half on the phone to them completing forms and statements they only then asked if I agreed to them taking 35% of the claim if I was successful. I was shocked it was so high but agreed to it verbally as I felt it was a lengthy phonecall wasted if I didn't. To my shock my bank informed me that I was successful in a reclaim totalling £10,600 !!!Of course this is brilliant news but feel awful that I now have to hand over almost £4000 of it to the claims guys! The bank have paid me the entire money via cheque last week which I've paid into my account and today it has eventually cleared. My question to you is am I totally legally bound to paying their entire charge or is there any way I can not pay or partially pay? Sorry to be another one who stupidly fell for these rip off companies...I feel totally embarrassed and ashamed to be so stupid!
    Tags: None

Re: Claims guys PPI claim

Yes you are obliged to pay them the agreed amount. Think of it this way, without using them, and you being lazy ( it would probably have taken you less time than that phone call took to do it your self - just to make you feel worse ) , you'd never have got the £6,000 in your bank that you have ( to make you feel better ) xxx

There are things you can look at -- the contract - did they send it to you and tell you cancellation times etc ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Claims guys PPI claim

Originally posted by Cezcez View Post
      I was shocked it was so high but agreed to it verbally as I felt it was a lengthy phonecall wasted if I didn't. To my shock my bank informed me that I was successful in a reclaim totalling £10,600 !!!
      You must have signed something, at least a letter of authority for the bank for Bank Smart to act for you?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X