• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harveys crew sofa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harveys crew sofa

2 seater sofa delivered august 2015 I complained about excess leather creasing etc. harveys sent homeserve to inspect but reported no fault?
    I did not accept this they sent servico to inspect again report stated no fault?

So I arranged an independent report from Soft Seats a master upholsterer who noted a number of faults including faults indicate the
    liability of the manufacturer of not working to an accepted minimum industry standard .

Yet harveys send eco masters to inspect yet stated no faults ?

harveys do not accept the independent report or acknowledge the sofa they have delivered to me does not compare to there the showroom
    example ?

what more can I do ?

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Harveys crew sofa

Himercman22!

It seems to me that the clock is ticking here and your case is based on your perception of the quality and look of the showroom model versus what was actually delivered.

It is interesting that you have your own independent report where is was "noted that a number of faults including faults indicate the
    liability of the manufacturer of not working to an accepted minimum industry standard". The fact that Harveys fail to recognise this suggests that you probably wont get any further without intervention.

Harveys state on their website that they operate under the Furniture Ombudsman's Code of Practice, whatever that means. I think my next step would be to contact The Furniture Ombudsman by phone and get some initial advice as to timescales and the nature of the complaint.

Their contact number is : 0845 653 2064

Please also refer to their website for more specific content : http://www.thefurnitureombudsman.org/

Good luck !

Comment

Hello Snoopy 1948
      Thanks for your message I did refer my complaint to the furniture ombudsman but they took harveys side ?
      So I asked them to get showroom photo of the sofa which was perfect no faults displayed ?

I sent photos of the sofa delivered to me showing faults & all to the ombudsman yet still took harveys side ?
      Looking on web about others that have bought stuff from harveys they seem to get away with second rate stuff & service
      Since harveys have obtained inspection reports stating no faults

Comment

Hi again .

Certainly if you Google Harveys, you will find that Harveys get a bad press in general for all sorts of reasons, not only quality. I can empathise with you if you feel that, beyond your own doubt, the sofa was faulty and not of merchantable quality. I would probably have felt the same.

There is an earlier Legal Beagles link that may provide some further clues for you, namely writing/emailing the group's CEO and writing to BBC Watchdog,

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...veys-Furniture

Comment

Hello Snoopy 1948 Thanks for info have contacted steve cambell @ harveys somebody else replied a negative response? will try BBC watchdog.
          Many Thanks

Regards

Comment

The Furniture Ombudsman is not a statutorily established body. It was set up by FIRA which is the trade association for furniture makers, retailers, etc. In other words, they are inspecting products made by their own members (who pay to be part of FIRA) - no surprise that they never find in favour of the consumer!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X