• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damages

I have recently discovered through a Equifax Credit Report that Virgin Media Group have recorded for many years against my name that I owe under a Credit Agreement substantial amount of money to the Virgin Media Group.

I have never signed a single agreement with the Virgin Media Group and Virgin Media Group cannot find within its departments any agreement under my name.

I am requesting the Community, what would be a realistic sum of money, in their opinion, I should claim for all the damages that have occurred over many years, recording on the public record that I owe money to Virgin Media Group under a non-existence Credit Agreement?
    Tags: None

Re: Damages

Have you contacted them and have they admitted a cock up

Comment

Originally posted by Sainsbury View Post
      I have recently discovered through a Equifax Credit Report that Virgin Media Group have recorded for many years against my name that I owe under a Credit Agreement substantial amount of money to the Virgin Media Group.

I have never signed a single agreement with the Virgin Media Group and Virgin Media Group cannot find within its departments any agreement under my name.

I am requesting the Community, what would be a realistic sum of money, in their opinion, I should claim for all the damages that have occurred over many years, recording on the public record that I owe money to Virgin Media Group under a non-existence Credit Agreement?
      Hi,

You will have to show provable loss, damage caused to your ability to obtain credit at all or having to accept an higher than normal interest rate.

Are you intending to take this through the courts?

Have you made a formal complaint to the CEO Virgin Media Group? Or issued a " Letter Before Action"?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        I have contacted the Chief Executive, his P/A states, they cannot find any record of the Credit Agreement.

Comment

Yesterday they admitted they cannot find the Credit Agreement in my name.

I was hoping to come to aimable agreement without going to court and wanted an indication of the sum of money I could claim, If I have to go to the court I will do so.

It is difficult to assess the damage because it is not known. Clearly having a non-existent Credit Agreement recorded with the Credit Agencies affects my credibility dealing with banks/finance company or any anyone who accesses to the Credit Agencies over a number of years.

I have made a formal compliant to the Chief Executive of the Virgin Media Group, a Mr Kelly, and his P/A has responded stating they do not have a record of the Credit Agreement in my name.

Comment

Yesterday they admitted they cannot find the Credit Agreement in my name.

I was hoping to come to aimable agreement without going to court and wanted an indication of the sum of money I could claim, If I have to go to the court I will do so.

It is difficult to assess the damage because it is not known. Clearly having a non-existent Credit Agreement recorded with the Credit Agencies affects my credibility dealing with banks/finance company or any anyone who accesses to the Credit Agencies over a number of years.

I have made a formal compliant to the Chief Executive of the Virgin Media Group, a Mr Kelly, and his P/A has responded stating they do not have a record of the Credit Agreement in my name.
            Did you ask them to remove the credit file entries?
            Or mention any kind of redress for the publish inaccurate data.
            I suspect this will show on all 3 main agencies Experian. Equifax and Call credit and the free online offshoots of those agencies.
            Do you have proof of any loss or disadvantage caused.
            A complaint to the Information Commissioners Office is in my opinion the next step.
            What is the default date on the credit file?
            All defaulted accounts are removed from records on the 6th anniversary of the default date.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post

Yes they have, in so much they cannot find the Credit Agreement in my name and Equifax have confirmed to me in writing that Virgin Media Group have refused to lift the Credit Agreement recorded on my Credit Report. I can assure you I have never signed such a document. Sadly it has taken me a number of years to find that Equifax recording that I owe money to Virgin Media Group on a non-existent credit agreement.

Comment

Yes they have, in so much they cannot find the Credit Agreement in my name and Equifax have confirmed to me in writing that Virgin Media Group have refused to lift the Credit Agreement recorded on my Credit Report. I can assure you I have never signed such a document. Sadly it has taken me a number of years to find that Equifax recording that I owe money to Virgin Media Group on a non-existent credit agreement.
                You need to check the other CRA's as well!
                What is the default date showing on the files.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X