• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CRA refusing to update record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRA refusing to update record

Hi,

New to forum and looking for help please,

I had a mortgage with G E M from 06, defaulted in 08, paid off in 2011.

recently looked at my credit file and GE reporting in six months arrears for over a year but no default. I have asked them to put the default on my file but they are refusing saying

The lender has advised that :
    Whilst a default notice was issued by G E M on 4 January 2008, this was not reported to the agencies, as a default. It is a notice by G E M informing you that your account is in default and further action may be taken if the arrears are not remedied. Your account status with the CRA’s would have continued to reflect the number of months you were in arrears. The default notice sent to you did not state that a default would be registered with the CRA’s, but that further enforcement action may be taken.

They have closed the case as they say they cannot update my file without the lenders permission. Surely, this is wrong?

If the default was on my file, the negative entries would have fallen off in 2014 instead they are going to stay there until 2017

Can anyone advise me how to tackle this please?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X