• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Current Account Suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Account Suspended

Hi there,

im not sure why how and what the hell i am going to do.
    My Halifax current account was suspended and i called customer service and said it was suspended by fraud team,
    i have an idea as of what it could be. my friend asked me to sell a phone for him, so i spoke to somebody for about 5 minutes and gave them my friends number to ring. so they had no contact with me after then. my friend then contacted me asking if he could use my bank account because he doesnt have a card at the moment. so i got money put into my account from these random people. so then i then transfer the funds into his account after they payed into mine.
    Then as i say i've been suspended now. I believe he sent the phone but if he didnt and these people only have contact information of myself (my name and bank details, but my friends phone number)

what is going to happen?
    please help i cant access any funds and quite frankly quite scared police are going to turn up at my door, and looking into it i dont really think i have a leg to stand on, its like i've been conned myself.
    Tags: None

Re: Current Account Suspended

This sounds like a scam, I've seen a similar issue somewhere else recently describing something very similar.

Did you actually speak to your friend face to face, or by phone etc? Or was it just by facebook etc?

In the similar case I read, someone's friend had their Facebook hacked then sent messages to the person making up some reason why they couldn't receive funds into their account and could the person receive the funds instead and pass them on?
    Like yours, those funds came from various different accounts and were then passed on to the 'friend' - in reality the hackers bank account not the friends.
    Of course that money was stolen somehow and the money was recalled by the issuing banks leaving the person without their money. I don't know what the outcome of it was.
    The real friend knew nothing about any of this, all the messages were deleted and only found out when the person contacted them outside of Facebook.

You need to let the Banks fraud team do their work and answer any questions they have and pass on all the information you know.

For the future and this applies to anyone reading this; be extremely wary of anyone, even friends, asking you to receive money for them. They are very few reasons (such as a suspended bank account!) why someone can not receive funds into their own account.

Comment

Thanks Lucifa.
      I actually only spoke to him face to face, and i let him use my phone to log into whatever website he was selling from.
      my only proof is the money going from my account to his after payments were made, like it was 3 seperate payments within a few hours. his excuse was he got them to pay half then when he sent the item they send the other half of the payment,
      if he didnt send the item why would they pay the other half?

anyhow. being as Naive as i am i even let him use my texts to contact them so he could tell them to ring him.

he told them to never contact my phone again and they haven't. do you think this is enough for anyone to believe its not me?

what should i do in mean time, i have wages and that so should i make another bank account with someone else? because i read it could take several weeks.

Comment

Open a basic bank account or credit union account and get your wages paid into it . The way youcan run your life. look at a prepaid credit card . Keepon at your friend and askif he did sendthe item and can he prove it ? Move on with your life.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X