• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander and £5631.45!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander and £5631.45!

Hello,I am new here,hope I don,t make too many threads today!

I am in a bind with money and have not faced my debts.
    Ok so am trying to be brave and sort a few debts out this week.

Around September 2012 I had two accounts with Alliance and Leicester,now Santander.
    I had an authorised overdraft on premier current account of £800.
    I went £18.00 over overdraft so £818.00 overdrawn.
    Could not tackle problem at the time and buried my head and continued to use everyday bank account with Santander.

On checking my credit file this week I could see £888 Santander marked a ST on my file??

What has since transpired is I have 3 children,CSA could not get any maintenance from ex husband.
    They put a charging order on his house and he emmigrated to Australia,CSA closed case,said they could not do anything or force him to sell house to repay maintenance and ex husband rented his house out,this was all in 2006.
    IN 2012 completely unbeknown to me CSA without any letter to me and 6 years after they closed case,paid £5,550 into defaulted bank account.

The account was now in credit and it is only last week this money has come to light.
    Santander have now offered me the money back with compensatory £1237.68 in interest which is taxable and have taken the overdraft out of the money so in total am offering to repay £5631.45.

What should my course of action be with CSA and Santander if any?
    Tags: None

Re: Santander and £5631.45!

ST is Satisfied so the account has been settled and will fall off your file in probably 2018 ( if you defaulted in 2012). If it was 818 overdrawn then for it to only rise to £888 before defaulting is pretty good. It should be marked as settled in 2012 when the CSA payment went in. If it defaulted after the £5550 should have gone in then you could argue there should never have been a default so double check dates.

The compensatory interest sounds okay. Will work out about 8% a year - better than any savings rate but the figures don't quite add up though so you want to check through those. £5631.45 (the offer) less the interest element of £1237.68 leaves £4393.77 - you were paid £5550 of which £888 was taken by the debt = £4662 - so there's about £270 worth querying and associated interest. Mainly you want to check exactly what the balance was when the £5550 should have gone into the account.

CSA wise - £5500 doesn't sound like a lot for 6 years child maintenance for 3 children. Was that from the charging order ? HAve you spoken with them at all since discovering this payment was made back in 2012 without your knowledge ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello,thank you for reply.
      I have telephoned Santander,they have given me a number so I can get last few months bank statements from the closed account.The csa payment went into the account after it was closed ,advisor said it should have bounced back to CSA.
      Account closed 27/09/2012 and Csa payment credited November 2012.
      Yes definately want balance of account when monies were credited.
      So with CSA it was a few years worth of maintenance for 2 children as my 3rd is from another relationship.
      We used to co-parent but relationship with children and their dad broke down badly and children no longer wanted to see him so I claimed maintenance.
      I have spoken to csa who have confirmed they are not sure why they put money in an account 6 years after telling me they were closing case,they definately sent no letter regarding paying monies as they have told me that.
      I am going to ring them now and ask for associated paperwork on the paying of the charging order and when they transferred payment and why did they not write to me to check my bank account was still the same.

I just feel so miffed with it all really.

Comment

I have telephoned CSA and they have told me to put a complaint in writing regarding the making the payment without checking my bank details are correct.
        The lady suggested asking for a SARS to find out exactly what transpired with the charging order as she was not privvy to any of that.
        I think I will do that.
        Do I have to pay for SARS who would I actually write to request the case files.

Comment

Yes a SAR ( subject Access request) will cost you £10. See http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ection-Act-%29
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X