• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unfair Dismissal help - please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair Dismissal help - please!

Hi all,

I am looking for some help for a family member as they have turned to me for help and I do have a little knowledge but thought you guys would be great for some help please?!?!?!?

My family member went on maternity leave in May last year and is therefore due back in May this year by using her full Maternity Leave of 52 weeks.

She has today received in the post her P45 along with her P60 and attached a compliment slip. There is no accomanying letter stating why has she been dismissed. Point to note is that the date on her P45 is 15th March and it was received today (12th April) and postmarked yesterday.

Upon speaking to her, they have never confirmed in writing to her either when her maternity leave started or ends and i was under the impression that this should have been issued to her within 28 days of her notifying her employer she was pregnant by officially giving them her MATB1 form.

There has been no communication from them at all during her maternity leave, no phone calls, no offer of KIT days etc. There has been no communication either regarding her returning to work, redundancy or any other reason for not keeping her on. They have obviously not followed any dismissal procedure and she has no reason in writing or by phone what the reason for dismissal actually is.

Am I right in saying that she would have a case for unfair dismissal? If so, would the first thing to be to write to the employer to get them to confirm in writing the reason for dismissal to see what they say or is there another action that we should be taking?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Unfair Dismissal help - please!

I have also just realised that i have posted this in the welcome forum and i meant to use the employment one - i wonder if someone could move it for me please - sorry!!!!

Comment

Re: Unfair Dismissal help - please!

I've tagged [MENTION=26290]mariefab[/MENTION], she should hopefully respond
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X