• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anyone had a problem with upholstery on a new bmw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had a problem with upholstery on a new bmw

I have a new msport bmw yet to have first service ( one year old) however I have two problems:

1. Prematurely deteriorating drivers seat upholstery
    2. Significant visible surface corrossion of wheek hubs

what does the warranty cover in this case
    Tags: None

Re: Anyone had a problem with upholstery on a new bmw

You'll find out if you report your dissatisfaction to the dealer you bought it form.

Comment

Re: Anyone had a problem with upholstery on a new bmw

Hi Ostell,

Don't understand what you are saying: what I need is to hear from someone who has had a similar problem and how they dealt with it because the stance of the dealer and BMW is they will only change the seat once in the lifetime of the car even though my seat has gone through on a seam after 6000 mile due to the protruding profiles on the sides of the seat bacK, designed to hold the driver in position.

I am told by the warranty manager at the dealers, who changed the seat back without question , that it is not covered by the warranty even though the seat is in perfect condition apart from the protrusions on the right side of the seat-back, where the laquer is being "buffed off" and the backing is coming through.

In response to my contention that the rest of the upholstery is as new he stated "this happens with this type of seat unfortunately they are awful".

The car has not had it's first service yet and is in "as new", showroom condition apart from this defect.

They (and BMW) says it is fair wear and tear, but it has not happened on the last 5 (new) BMW's I have bought in the last seven years; and some of those did 100k mile.

Clearly this seat design is not fit for purpose: however if it goes again after 6000 miles, like this new one has, thenthe dealer and BMW say I will have to pay several hundred pounds for a replacement - even though the car has a 3 year warranty.

So Ostell, I don't understand your comment ??

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      You'll find out if you report your dissatisfaction to the dealer you bought it form.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X