• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

default notices on my credit report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default notices on my credit report

Hi can anyone addvice me, i want to set up my own small business and as part of this have submitted my business plan to the start up loans company they did a credit check and unknown to me there are 2 default notices that i have no knowledge of
    one from 2013 from First credit for £408 , and a second from Lovell in 2014 for £260
    i have not had any notice of default served, and otherwise my credit history is completely green ticks
    I expect to now get turned down for funding because of it, so how do i go about removing these from my reporrt i have not dealt with either of thee firms, and assume they are 3rd party debts, so should i send both prove it letters? can i if they cant prove the debt take action over this because they have in my eyes because they entered default notices without proof, deprived me of earning an income expected to be in the region of 30k per year if i cant get funding.
    Tags: None

Re: default notices on my credit report

Originally posted by martin 1956 View Post
    i have not had any notice of default served,
    To be clear, are you denying that you had any unpaid debts at that time which could have been defaulted?

Or are you saying that you did or might have, but you dispute the default entries on your credit file on the grounds that you did not receive a 'default notice'?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
      To be clear, are you denying that you had any unpaid debts at that time which could have been defaulted?

Or are you saying that you did or might have, but you dispute the default entries on your credit file on the grounds that you did not receive a 'default notice'?
      yes i am saying that as far as i know i did not have any unpaid debts certainly not in the last 6 years

Comment

Hi can anyone addvice me, i want to set up my own small business and as part of this have submitted my business plan to the start up loans company they did a credit check and unknown to me there are 2 default notices that i have no knowledge of
        one from 2013 from First credit for £408 , and a second from Lovell in 2014 for £260
        i have not had any notice of default served, and otherwise my credit history is completely green ticks
        I expect to now get turned down for funding because of it, so how do i go about removing these from my reporrt i have not dealt with either of thee firms, and assume they are 3rd party debts, so should i send both prove it letters? can i if they cant prove the debt take action over this because they have in my eyes because they entered default notices without proof, deprived me of earning an income expected to be in the region of 30k per year if i cant get funding.
        1st Credit and Lowell are debt purchasers and did not originate the defaults, the normal process is for the original creditor to register defaults and then may decide to sell on the debt rather that collect itself.

You need to find out who the original creditor were for these debts.

Does the file say something like " Credit Card From Lowell"?
        As Nibbler has said put notices of dispute on credit files.

Which agency have you used, Call Credit/ Noddle , Experian, Equifax? all will I expect carry the same detail.

nem

Comment

so what your saying is i should write to them and request the information they hold is that correct? the report does not mension any other firm, but i understand these sort of firms overwrite the original default, i will have to take a longer look later to see what information there is

Comment

so what your saying is i should write to them and request the information they hold is that correct? the report does not mension any other firm, but i understand these sort of firms overwrite the original default, i will have to take a longer look later to see what information there is
            The " new " owner of the debt cannot change the original default date, and can only up date " ownership details.

If you write to 1st Credit and or Lowell there is of course the risk of them starting collection activity or even making a court claim.

You should always refer to an " alleged debt" and use the phrase " I do not acknowledge any liability for the alleged debt.

Your " prove it " letter should be sent by signed for post so you can check delivery and the signature.
            What are the default dates on the entries? All defaulted accounts are removed from credit files after 6 years paid or not.

nem

Comment

In addition, you could also include a s10 DPA notice.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...e-or-distress/
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Normally these days - with Experian at least - you get defaults entered twice. The original creditor registers the account as defaulted with the defaulted amount and date, but showing zero balance outstanding, as they have sold it on. Then the new owner records it with the same default details, but showing the amount still claimed by them.

Comment

Once you find out who the original creditors were, it might be worth while sending them a Subject Access Request, to obtain all the personal data they hold on you. That's usually not feasible once they have started litigation due to the time it can take, but in this case it might be worth the time and fees so you can see all the details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X