• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Data breach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data breach

Being taken to court for an alleged debt.

Have been sent a page of someone else's data with bank account details, solicitor sent it on behalf of the DC, it was in between docs they sent.
    I complained and asked if some of my data had also been sent to a third party unknown to me. They wrote back and said there has been no breach of data protection, they had destroyed the document and hoped I would do the same. I reported it to the OIC.
    2 months later, they only sent the same document again.
    Does anyone think I should mention this in my upcoming witness statement or is it irrelevant to fighting the claim?

Would be grateful for any input please.
    Tags: None

Re: Data breach

Have you asked them why they have sent you the same document again? are they implying that the document they sent you is your information? You can report it to the ICO to deal with but the fact it wont get you off your alleged debt. Unless of course they state that the contents of the document is your information then you could raise it at court and say they're not yours and is a breach of data protection.

Are you comfortable dealing with your court hearing? If not perhaps you could provide some further information and some of us cangive you some assistance
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: Data breach

Hi Rob,
      thanks for coming back to me,
      They sent it by mistake again, it has nothing at all to do with me, so it will go to the OIC again too, they are already looking into it, but said it is third part data so not as serious as it could have been, I sent it to the OIC as they asked. I think they were more concerned that the solicitor told us to destroy it,
      Have not replied to them about this again, they will only say the same again, no breach of data.

I started a thread called 'DCA on credit reference file'. Shall I go back to that to carry on about the case or tell you a bit more here?
      Sorry I'm not very clever with forums yet,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X