• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Portfolio v Thompson 14/3/2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist Portfolio v Thompson 14/3/2016

Hi all and thank you very much for your anticipated help.

My wife has had a credit card debt since 2010 when she had a claim against Lloyds for PPI and this was eventually paid in 2011 although on her behalf I still accepted that payment but argued via letter and telephone calls that these payments had caused her to incurr default charges and extra interest for going overdrawn even though at that time she did not use the card.
    Although sending a number of letters and calls Lloyds rejected this and have since sold this debt onto various collectors whom have contacted her via numerous calls and letters all of which we have ignored because we do not recognise that Lloyds had dealt with this matter.

This came to a head on the 11th Feb this year when Lloyds responded to my wife saying that they had finished there investigations in Sept 2011, however they have reviewed there offer and recalculated sending a cheque for a further £185.66.

On the 16th Fed Howard Cohen Solicitors on behalf of Robinson way Ltd stating that if we did not make contact that they would issue Legal proceeding, accumulating in a CCJ from Northampton CC dated 15th March.

i feel that we have a case to defend any help would be appriciated, and do I contact Lloyds or the claimant because how can both of these be communicating with us is this legal??

Thank you. Andrew
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ from dept company??

Good evening and welcome to LB.

All your dealings should now be with the claimant. Is Robinson Way name as the claim on the N1 claim form?

Lloyds have no interest in the debt now.

You need to do the following.

1. If Robinson Way is named as the claimant: a CCA request for a copy of the agreement relevant to the Lloyds credit card. There is a £1 statutory fee for this, use a Postal Order. write for " statutory fee only" on it make a copy and keep for your records. Use signed for post and check delivery date and download the signature.

2. A request under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 (No Fee) for the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim for example the agreement, notice of assignment. default notice. use signed for post to the solicitors.

You will find templates in the green " short cuts " box above.

It seems Lloyds sent a " Final Response " letter meaning it no longer considered there was any valid dispute, the cheque concluded the matter as far as the bank was concerned.
    Lloyds have then sold the debt, the new owners of the debt will have no knowledge of any dispute with Lloyds and no interest in this.

The request above are now important,

nem

Comment

Thanks for this help and advice, really appreciate, I will do as you say.

It says that Hoist Portfolio is the claimant and documents should go to Howard Cohen, could you confirm again that I send a CCA request to Hoist Portfolio?

After I send the request what do I do then?

still slightly confused that Lloyds can contact me a few days before the CCJ and not be implicated within this dept.

Is this worth defending?

thank you again!,

Comment

The cheque from Lloyds arrived on the 18th Feb 2016

Comment

Originally posted by andrewt8182 View Post
          Thanks for this help and advice, really appreciate, I will do as you say.

It says that Hoist Portfolio is the claimant and documents should go to Howard Cohen, could you confirm again that I send a CCA request to Hoist Portfolio?

After I send the request what do I do then?

still slightly confused that Lloyds can contact me a few days before the CCJ and not be implicated within this dept.

Is this worth defending?

thank you again!,

The latest tactic being adopted by debt purchasers and their solicitors is to do as you seen say " documents to the solicitors" and when the sols receive a CCA request they state something like " we are a firm of solicitors and do not hold such documents " then either return the CCA request or state" they have to obtain the document from their client"

Some times I think it's worth an extra £1 to send a CCA request to the claimant and the solicitors.

nem
          Lloyds dealing with PPI now has nothing to do with the actual debt which mow belongs to Hoist Portfolio.
          Yes CCA to Hoist, PO for £1 write for statutory fee only make a copy and keep for your records, use signed for post check delivery date and signature.
          Lets see what Hoist comes up with before making decisions on the viability of defending.

nem
          Last edited by nemesis45; 15th March 2016, 11:35:AM.

Comment

Ok, will do that and thank you!!

Comment

Hoist Portfolio v Thompson

Hi received my court claim this Monday 14th march dated 10th march, I have claimed my 28 day extension and sent off my CCA request to Claimant and CPR request to Solicitors today.

Do I wait their response or is there something else that I should be doing.

Kind Regards and thank you for your help!!

Andrew

Comment

Sorry meant to say the debt was £2022.00 now raised to £2803.00 with interest charged from 2012, this debt was on a PPI credit card.

not sure if that makes any difference what so ever!

Thank You Andrew

Comment

Sorry meant to say the debt was £2022.00 now raised to £2803.00 with interest charged from 2012, this debt was on a PPI credit card.

not sure if that makes any difference what so ever!

Thank You Andrew
                  Hi andrew8182

IMHO

It is of course very likely that the figure (£s) on the court claim form PoC is incorrect as a result of the PPI repayment.

However, it must be kept in mind that Hoist entered their figure according to the info they had at the time the claim was issued.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi received a reply, although sending the CCA request to Hoist Portfolio, Robinson way have replied I quote:

"We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77/78 of the consumer credit act. Please find by return your £1 fee.

Your account is now with our clients solicitors Howard Cohen & Co and they have issued a County Court claim against you.

We have forwarded your request to them as under C.P.R. 31.14 you are entitled to request documentation mentioned in the particulars of the claim.

They are currently in the process of retrieving the documents requested.

therefore please accept this letter as agreement to a general extension of time, Once they have provided you with the documents requested they will grant a further 14 days for you to respond to the claim form as you feel appropriate."

Is there anything that I should do at this time? and is this the response expected?

Kind Regards Andrew

Comment

Re: Hoist Portfolio v Thompson

Hi received my court claim this Monday 14th march dated 10th march, I have claimed my 28 day extension and sent off my CCA request to Claimant and CPR request to Solicitors today.

Do I wait their response or is there something else that I should be doing.

Kind Regards and thank you for your help!!

Andrew
                      Have a look round some threads to get an idea of the content and format of a defence so you are prepared when the time comes.

nem

Comment

Hi, my 28 days will be up on the 7th April, Hoist have written back to say that they are locating the paper work and to take there letter as a further 14 day extension.

I have not received anything as such from the court so guess I ignore this and respond with a defence stating that they haven't provided the information requested.

When do I ask for the cour to be changed from Northampton to my local court in Derby?

regards and thanks once again for your help

Andrew

Comment

Hi, my 28 days will be up on the 7th April, Hoist have written back to say that they are locating the paper work and to take there letter as a further 14 day extension.

I have not received anything as such from the court so guess I ignore this and respond with a defence stating that they haven't provided the information requested.

When do I ask for the cour to be changed from Northampton to my local court in Derby?

regards and thanks once again for your help

Andrew
                          Hello Andrew the court will transfer the claim to your nearest County Court Hearing Centre.
                          You must inform the court in writing of the further extension.

nem

Comment

Hi, I have written to the court with a copy of the letter from Robinson Way giving a general extension of time and that when they have supplied the documents requested they will grant a further 14 days to respond to the claim.

My question is, how long do I wait for the said documents, as per my letter sent I gave then 7 days, the letter dated 22nd March.

Do I now send in a defence to the court as I haven't received the information??

Thank you once again for all the help and advice.

kind regards Andrew

Comment

Hoist Portfolio v Thompson 14/3/2016

Hi, I have written to the court with a copy of the letter from Robinson Way giving a general extension of time and that when they have supplied the documents requested they will grant a further 14 days to respond to the claim.

My question is, how long do I wait for the said documents, as per my letter sent I gave them 7 days, the letter dated 22nd March.

Do I now send in a defence to the court as I haven't received the information??

Thank you once again for all the help and advice.

kind regards Andrew

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X