• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish law re sewage over neighbouring property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scottish law re sewage over neighbouring property

Scotland has building Regs on the use of septic tanks has the friend contacted the authorities to check if this tank has been installed inspected and is working properly

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      So the current system which discharges raw sewage is unsatisfactory as obviously raw sewage should not be appearing.

This suggests it is a septic tank not working properly (needs cleaning?) or a cess pit which needs emptying or repair.
      Or it may be that the ground is not suitable for the necessary filtration system required for discharge to ground, and so the best solution is a treatment plant with discharge to a water course which generally has flowing water.
      This of course is only my surmise.
      Has your friend discussed the matter with her neighbour, who appears to be trying to stop an existing problem.
      I know that this has been going on for some time, but I do not know the details of any discussions, I think all attempts at mediation have broken down and that my friend does not want her land to be contaminated by her neighbours waste. I am not sure why, but the environment agency is refusing to inform my friend as to why the neighbours can't have a normal septic tank…something to do with data protection or something… it seems bizarre that there is not full disclosure from the authorities….
      theda bara

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Scotland has building Regs on the use of septic tanks has the friend contacted the authorities to check if this tank has been installed inspected and is working properly
        I have no idea but would imagine it is old and leaky or something...
        theda bara

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X