• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group

hello.

I had a 12k debt with egg around 2012, which I agreed to pay off in instalments.I kept this up to date and never missed a payment then after a couple of yrs or so it got transferred to Barclay. they started playing around changing the payment dates and whining about the sixty pounds a month not being enough, but I kept going. I own my house by the way.
    It has now been assigned to PRA to whom I refused to acknowledge. I stopped paying the debt. I have now received a practice direction on pre action protocols.
    I am just doing a request for my CCA agreement, which I will post Saturday, if you think this isthe right course of action. They have given incorrect details of the agreement, they have stated the agreement was entered into on the 24 February 2016. which is about eleven years out.

As I mentioned the debt was taken out in 2005 and was a 25K credit card which reduced to 12k by 2012 when I was made redundant. I kept payments of sixty pounds going until PRA got involved at the end of last yr, they were cocky and rude. The debt apparently stands at £6190.51 although I hav'nt had any statements for yrs.
    I would love to fight back, and would appreciate any tactical advice to make their life difficult.
    If I have to come to an arrangement and wanted to settle as a lump sum how would you advise approaching this?
    Tags: None

Re: PRA Group

Originally posted by JR424 View Post
    hello.

I had a 12k debt with egg around 2012, which I agreed to pay off in instalments.I kept this up to date and never missed a payment then after a couple of yrs or so it got transferred to Barclay. they started playing around changing the payment dates and whining about the sixty pounds a month not being enough, but I kept going. I own my house by the way.
    It has now been assigned to PRA to whom I refused to acknowledge. I stopped paying the debt. I have now received a practice direction on pre action protocols.
    I am just doing a request for my CCA agreement, which I will post Saturday, if you think this isthe right course of action. They have given incorrect details of the agreement, they have stated the agreement was entered into on the 24 February 2016. which is about eleven years out.

As I mentioned the debt was taken out in 2005 and was a 25K credit card which reduced to 12k by 2012 when I was made redundant. I kept payments of sixty pounds going until PRA got involved at the end of last yr, they were cocky and rude. The debt apparently stands at £6190.51 although I hav'nt had any statements for yrs.
    I would love to fight back, and would appreciate any tactical advice to make their life difficult.
    If I have to come to an arrangement and wanted to settle as a lump sum how would you advise approaching this?
    Good morning,

Could you please post a copy of the letter after removing personal details?

Is this letter from PRA or a solicitor?

nem

Comment

thanks for coming back to me. it is direct from PRA cannot find the add attachment icon can you advise?

Comment

PRA .pdf

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this works as it seems to be in my life assurance file, don't work with computers sorry.

Comment

thanks for coming back to me. it is direct from PRA cannot find the add attachment icon can you advise?
          It's "Go Advanced"
          Bottom Middle on Quick Reply.

nem

Comment

Is that pdf ok nem?

Comment

Is that pdf ok nem?
              Should be I'll as [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] to assist you.

nem

Can you help please Kati?

Comment

trying again
                Attached Files

Comment

The letter states " entered into an agreement with Barclays on or about 14/02/ 16 is that correct.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    The letter states " entered into an agreement with Barclays on or about 14/02/ 16 is that correct.

nem
                    As already stated that date is incorrect and the correct date was about 2005

JR
                    What you need to do and do it quickly is to write back with a letter asking to see the documents they have mentioned in the LBA

These would be from what I can see
                    The agreement
                    The NOA
                    the default notice

I have seen a typical letter somewhere but I have no idea where, if I find it I will post it up.
                    A well worded response to an LBA has been known to stop them in their tracks

At the same time send a separate S78 request to PRA

You really need to get these replies posted 1st class on Saturday am both preferably by signed for delivery

By the way, can you remember if this was taken out online or not as if online they only need a digital signature not a real one for an executed agreement

Comment

I found a good response for you, I knew I had seen one somewhere

Dear Sirs
                      Ref: Enter as per letter received.
                      Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxx . As the letter contains a threat of litigation, it is being treated as a formal letter before action. As such, I refer you to paragraph 3 of the Practice Direction Pre-Action Conduct, which states: “before commencing proceedings, the court will expect the parties to have exchanged sufficient information to (a) understand each other’s position; (b) make decisions about how to proceed;”
                      Paragraph 6 states “the parties should exchange correspondence and information to comply with the objectives“ and Paragraph 6 (c) of refers to “the parties disclosing key documents relevant to the issues in dispute.” My request refers to the documents I require to obtain the necessary information to assess my position in this case.
                      I require copies of the following:
                      1. The original Type agreement or contract as appropriate.;
                      2. The Default Notice;
                      3. The Notice of Assignment; Delete if the account has not been sold.
                      4. Statements of account;

These documents would be expected to be supplied if proceedings were issued and would likely be in your possession if you were issuing a claim. If you consider that there is difficulty in providing a copy of a document, please identify that document and the reason.
                      DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH IF A CCA REQUEST HAS NOT BEEN SENT OR IS NOT APPLICABLE.
                      Additionally, there is a duty to supply documents under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. A request has been made under S 78 on xxxxxx.and I am awaiting a response from yourselves
                      I shall being able to provide you with a full response to your letter within 14 days of receipt of the documents listed above and also reserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter if proceedings are issued without first providing copy documents to me.
                      Yours faithfully,

Your full name

Comment

Thanks Noah.
                        I Cannot remember if it was on line application or by phone.

Will get these posted and keep you in the loop.
                        Regards

Comment

Thanks Noah.
                          I Cannot remember if it was on line application or by phone.

Will get these posted and keep you in the loop.
                          Regards
                          The cca request should be interesting then.
                          Can you remember exactly when you started using it?
                          If not a sar to egg might be useful

What would be fun would be if pra sent you back a barclaycard agreement which would be obviously a forgery as you had the account with egg originally.

PRA do not have a good track record for honesty , mind you what DCA does

Comment

I will send the letters and also try to find out when I first took it out.
                            Would it still show that in my credit file?

Comment

I will send the letters and also try to find out when I first took it out.
                              Would it still show that in my credit file?
                              nem
                              Yes the start date of an agreement will on credit files, you can check Noddle free online.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X