• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors Claim for Vanquish Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors Claim for Vanquish Credit Card

Hi there,

On 18 February I received a claims issued by Lowell Solicitors Ltd.

I followed the guidance found on your forum, I acknowledged the claim and defended all; after that I sent to them two letters(CCA and CPR) to request docs as you explain in one of your post. Letter has been sent on 19th February.

On 12th March I received from them three letters, all together, nearly the same text. On the back of three letters, they attached, kind of default notice, which according to them was sent to me at 24th April 2015, which again is a little awkward, because looks like the created the letter on site: there is no head details, and the signature is paste with a name of someone from Vanquish. Secondly they putted a second letter , again looks like last minute creation, from Lowell Portofolio Ltd, where I'm informed that they bought the outstanding debt of £3,831.54 from Vanquish.

My questions, because the deadline for my defend is close(I think is 16th of March if I've calculated right), is: how should I defend online this claim? What will be the next move after I fill on money claims my defend?

Let me add another two details: I went into default with payments for credit cards, due to unfortunate event where I was under investigation by constabulary police under the bail conditions for two years and a half, with no further charges in the end, and close of investigation(between February 2013 and July 2015). After that I went into deep depression, and pain of my C2 spine vertebrae(I had a previous car accident with broken neck-C2 vertebrae confirmed on CT scan). Of course, my solicitor struggled to get me on track, but no chance, and I couldn't find any jobs.Question: shall I mentioned those two details in my defend?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Solicitors Claim for Vanquish Credit Card

Good morning, welcome to LB,

Can you please either post a copy of the claim form (N1) after removing your name, address and claim No., or type in the particulars of claim word for word.

Please give us some history of the debt,
    What type of account was this? you mention credit " cards" which card I'm does this claim arise from?
    When was the last payment or acknowledgment of the debt made?
    What is the default date.
    When was the account opened?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

Can you please either post a copy of the claim form (N1) after removing your name, address and claim No., or type in the particulars of claim word for word.

What type of account was this? you mention credit " cards" which card I'm does this claim arise from?

nem
      1. Vanquish credit card I've had since December 2011.
      2. Account was for Visa Vaquish credit card.
      3. Last acknowledgment of the debt made was in March 2013.
      4. Default date I think was December 2013.
      5. Account opened in December 2011.
      6. I attached claim form 1st page.

Thank you for help.
      Last edited by orwell; 14th March 2016, 12:41:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

nem
        I'm sorry to say that Lowell won't be interested in in any problems in the past.
        Did you put any mitigating circumstances to Vanquis over you health/work problems?

Apart from the slim chance that on such a recent account that Lowell won't be able to get the agreement it seems
        there is no other defence.

Have you made an income and expenditure statement yet?

It would be a good idea so you can see what if any money you have available each month to pay this off.

It is possible to avoid a CCJ if you reach an agreement with Lowell on an affordable and sustainable payment plan
        secured by a consent (Tomlin) order, whereby the claim is stayed as long as the payments are made.

You will get a chance to have this dealt with by HMCTS Small Claims Mediation Service I think this maybe your best
        course of action.

nem

Comment

I haven't completed any income and expenditure yet.

I don't know what is mean Tomlin order...or something like that?!

Any other clues about HMCTS Small Claims Mediation Service?! Web or contact details?!

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by orwell View Post
            I haven't completed any income and expenditure yet.

I don't know what is mean Tomlin order...or something like that?!

Any other clues about HMCTS Small Claims Mediation Service?! Web or contact details?!

Thank you.
            A Tomlin Order is used to secure an agreement between ( in debt cases) the debtor and the claimant, if you can agree the court seals the order and you don't get a CCJ as long as the agreed payments are made.

When you receive the next documents from the court mediation will be explained in full.

Mediation appointments can be done by telephone ( no court hearing) between you the claimants representative and the mediator so a lot less formal and stressful.

nem

Comment

Seems to be pointless or useless to defend my case; I'll wait next docs from the court.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X