• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell financial

hi guys

so as the title says im having abit of a frustrating time with lowell financial. they have sent me numerous letters/texts and phone calls about owing £170.14 exactly

the problem is the original company that debt is from is called studio, with some research i can only assume this is the studio catalogue which i have never heard of nor had an account with. trying to phone lowell to sort this out just ends up in a run around of back and forth questions until the next letter arrives.

also i have contacted the studio company and gave them the "original account number" which was on my lowell letter and they told me that number doesn't come up as one of there accounts and they wouldn't use that format for there account numbers.

i'm only writing this now as i had a letter came today stating they were going to perform legal assessment

any advice or questions greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell financial

One thing I am a strong believer in is challenging such contact where you feel it is in total error. Have you researched a recent credit check with say Experian or Equifax? I wonder if that debt would show up or at least jog your memory as to something else. I have met so many people in the past where we have had this very discussion where memories of debts have simply faded with time. I wonder why Lowell Financial are so ill equipped to answer a simple question about where the original debt arose from?
    I would not think that they would take this case forward for 'legal assessment' for £170.14 and that sounds like sabre rattling. Your only course of action is to recontact Lowell and sweet talk them into giving you more specifics about the debt origin, after all that is their job if they expect payment, and they do appear to have your name and correct address.

Comment

Re: Lowell financial

Originally posted by owens92 View Post
      hi guys

so as the title says im having abit of a frustrating time with lowell financial. they have sent me numerous letters/texts and phone calls about owing £170.14 exactly

the problem is the original company that debt is from is called studio, with some research i can only assume this is the studio catalogue which i have never heard of nor had an account with. trying to phone lowell to sort this out just ends up in a run around of back and forth questions until the next letter arrives.

also i have contacted the studio company and gave them the "original account number" which was on my lowell letter and they told me that number doesn't come up as one of there accounts and they wouldn't use that format for there account numbers.

i'm only writing this now as i had a letter came today stating they were going to perform legal assessment

any advice or questions greatly appreciated
      IMHO

What the Dickens is a 'legal assessment'? - these bozos make it up as they go along!

If it were me, I'd take it as a veiled 'letter before action', & would write to them saying so, & I would CPR 18 them for all the documents/evidence of the alleged debt.

Or you could just file it & await their next move, if any. (They might just go away, but from what I've read, some 90% of this type of alleged debt is successfully recovered by the debt owner, either via the threat of court action or by the debt owner initiating a claim via County Court (CCBC Northampton), to scare people into paying, or getting a default judgment).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X